LE STOWA FLIEGER

A place to discuss other watch-brands
bydandie
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 0

Re: LE STOWA FLIEGER

Post by bydandie »

Daz wrote:I think you have misunderstood Bydandie, I wasn't comparing the Stowa LE to a CW. Village missed out on the Stowa LE so I was recommending the Stowa Airman Auto.
Doh, apologies Daz! :( Haven't been back for a bit so had plenty of posts to read through.

In that case, I'd say that the Airman No-logo is a better watch than the LE IMHO as it has the German Silver rotor found in high-end German watches and I really don't like the engraving on the outside of the LE case.
Have - quite a few
Want - not too much
cstef
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by cstef »

It is all a matter of taste in the end, isn't it?
Some probably hate the watches in my signature, some do not; good thing I love them :lol: , but a LE is always special methinks.
Chris
C3SSK,C4SST,C5AKK,C5AWT,C6LE5,
Stowa Seatime Blue, STOWA PRODIVER LIMETTE,
Stowa MO, Steinhart Aviation Automatik; JS Watch-Islandus; Aristo Sextant; Dievas Diver;
Vostok Europe Exp 06;
bydandie
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by bydandie »

cstef wrote:It is all a matter of taste in the end, isn't it?
Some probably hate the watches in my signature, some do not; good thing I love them :lol: , but a LE is always special methinks.
Chris
I'll drink to that, you have great taste but I wouldn't touch the Steinharts and Aristo's. I like the Stowas you have though! :)
Have - quite a few
Want - not too much
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Just cancelled my order for the Flieger 2801. The more I look at it, the more I've gone off it :?

Hopefully one of you guys that never managed to order it can nick my reservation.
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Or maybe not. Not allowed to cancel the order. Hurrah.
cstef
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by cstef »

So Chris, your stuck...but if you still do not want it anymore after you receive it, there will definitely be someone to buy it off you. 8)
Chris
Stowa MO, Steinhart Aviation Automatik; JS Watch-Islandus; Aristo Sextant; Dievas Diver;
Vostok Europe Exp 06;
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

ctafield wrote:Or maybe not. Not allowed to cancel the order. Hurrah.
Ridiculous..... fancy not letting you cancel an order for a watch that was so over subscribed! Do Stowa think they aren't going to be able to sell it.... if you really want to cancel it then just cancel the credit card you registered with Stowa!
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Well... their exact words were...
Normally it is no problem for us to cancel an order, but in this special case you surely remember how many customers tried to get a reservation and failed.

If we now would take back one reservation - it would cause us a lot of troubles.
There is no satisfying solution how we could handle this case - To whom should we pass the available Airman limited ?

We therefor ask you for your understanding - to find a new customer by yourself through the forum. I think you will get very fast an interested forum member
who likes to take over your reservation and who will forward you the prepayment of EUR 50,00.
I will probably do as Chris says wait for it to arrive now and see what I think then :)
cstef
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by cstef »

Absolutely fair I would say considering how everything went on that day....Stowa fans know
Chris
Vostok Europe Exp 06;
carman63
Senior
Senior

Post by carman63 »

ctafield wrote:I will probably do as Chris says wait for it to arrive now and see what I think then :)
That's probably the best thing. Imagine if you let yours go, then saw one in the flesh later and REALLY liked it? :shock:

-Jim
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Have thought about this, and have decided that I really don't want the watch. So if anyone on here fancies taking my place for #77, then please let me know, and we can make the arrangements to get it transferred over to you.

To be honest, there are a million and one other watches that I KNOW I want, so I would rather offer this up to someone else who really wants this, rather than me just buying it on the off chance.
Rom_S

Re: LE STOWA FLIEGER/AIRMAN

Post by Rom_S »

Hi All,

Greeting from a new member !
Just joined the Forum. Am considering adding a Stowa Airman Auto for my collection. Anybody here own one? Would like to hear some opinions re hand-wind vs auto.
Also, what's the deal with the Limited Edition Stowa Flieger? Why the different movement (ETA & Not Unitas like in their other hand-wind Airman)? Does anyone know whether it has a see-through back or not?
I may be interested in taking over #77 from you ctafield, unless someone's already reserved it ! ACTUALLY MAKE THAT VERY VERY INTERESTED :)

Thanks
Roman S
Azimuth Round-1 Regulateur Auto
Invicta Minute Repeater/Perpetual Calendar (#2732)
Jacques Lemans Minute Repeater/Perpetual Calendar (Currently selling on ebay.com)
Glycine Hand-wind 1977 (NOS)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Welcome to the "Asylum" Glad to have you on the inside.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Rom_S

Post by Rom_S »

Happy 2009 to All !

Am very excited on being put on the Stowa Flieger Ltd Edition List ! :D :D :D
Can;t wait until Feb !!!

Roman
Roman S
Azimuth Round-1 Regulateur Auto
Invicta Minute Repeater/Perpetual Calendar (#2732)
Jacques Lemans Minute Repeater/Perpetual Calendar (Currently selling on ebay.com)
Glycine Hand-wind 1977 (NOS)