NEW ARRIVAL

A place to discuss other watch-brands
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: NEW ARRIVAL

Post by ItsAliveJim »

Just a little update on something I've noticed about the bracelet.

Where the bracelet meets the case there is an overflap of lug link (for want of a better description) which leaves a raised gap and edge, so when you run your hand up the bracelet toward the lug, you can feel the prominent edge of the lug link.

Here's a pic to illustrate what I mean:

It's not a deal breaker but it does seem a bit of an oversight when most bracelets and lug links would run smooth and consistent to the case. I'll be changing straps this weekend so will try and understand why it's like that :?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Pete2013
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Pete2013 »

Great to read the write up - will be researching the brand more after this!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Nice watch and a great write-up! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

It'sAliveJim wrote:Just a little update on something I've noticed about the bracelet.

Where the bracelet meets the case there is an overflap of lug link (for want of a better description) which leaves a raised gap and edge, so when you run your hand up the bracelet toward the lug, you can feel the prominent edge of the lug link.

Here's a pic to illustrate what I mean:

It's not a deal breaker but it does seem a bit of an oversight when most bracelets and lug links would run smooth and consistent to the case. I'll be changing straps this weekend so will try and understand why it's like that :?
I believe it is there to allow a better fit for those with a smaller wrist, it allows the bracelet to drop away from the case making the lug to lug length shorter' it's like fitting a half link at the wrong end of the bracelet. Not that I need that with a 40mm watch and 7 inch wrists.
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).