Favorite car?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
KevRC4130
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Favorite car?

Post by KevRC4130 »

Since watches and cars are both fine pieces of engineering, and people only like ones that come out of Europe ( :lol: ), let's see what you guys like.

My all time favorite car would have to be the BMW 2002 Turbo. Unfortunately, they never came to the states, but a few have been imported. At some point in my life, I will definately own one.

I'm also a fan of the Datsun 510... This is the Christopher Ward... Asian, but still sexy. :oops:

I'm also a huge fan of MKII VW's... Though front wheel drive? No thanks.

I'm almost old enough to get my license, and I have my money saved up to buy an E30 BMW. Ideally, it will be all euro'ed out, and look something like this...

As for modern cars, I love the new Volvo S40's...

What are you guys into?
schulten

Post by schulten »

omg, these posted cars ara TOOOOOOOOO UUGLLLYYYYY:D

nice cars:

db9

db5

quattroporte

p1800

p1800ES

and lot more:P
KevRC4130
Senior
Senior

Post by KevRC4130 »

schulten wrote:omg, these posted cars ara TOOOOOOOOO UUGLLLYYYYY:D

nice cars:

db9

db5

quattroporte

p1800

p1800ES

and lot more:P
Ugly, pfff...

With the exception of the Volvos and the DB5, those cars don't really have any character. You want to talk ugly, look at the Quattroporte!

Though, I respect your choices. :D
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

This is my favorite car, picked it up 2 weeks ago, and is driving like a dream!!!

Warhol
Senior
Senior

Post by Warhol »

Hans wrote:This is my favorite car, picked it up 2 weeks ago, and is driving like a dream!!!

Great Car!
KevRC4130
Senior
Senior

Post by KevRC4130 »

Hans wrote:This is my favorite car, picked it up 2 weeks ago, and is driving like a dream!!!

Nice car! I love Audis. What engine? Quattro?

Black is probably the best color for that car. I find the front to be a little busy, and black hides that well. Nice choice! Got any plans for it?
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

No Kev, there is a simple diesel-engine in it, but it has more then enough power for me! The nice thing about the A4 is that it feels very solid and yet drives very light, don't know how to explain it exactly.. And what do you mean with plans? I'm planning to drive the car for the next couple of years, for my work I need to travel quite a lot...
KevRC4130
Senior
Senior

Post by KevRC4130 »

Hans wrote:No Kev, there is a simple diesel-engine in it, but it has more then enough power for me! The nice thing about the A4 is that it feels very solid and yet drives very light, don't know how to explain it exactly.. And what do you mean with plans? I'm planning to drive the car for the next couple of years, for my work I need to travel quite a lot...
Ah yes, we don't have the diesel in the states. I believe the base engine here is the 2.0 Turbo, and the premium engine is the 3.2. We love our oversized, gas chugging engines. :D

By plans, I meant if you were planning on doing any sort of performance upgrades. Here, Audis are sporty/premium cars, and many people who buy them are car enthusiests, so it is not uncommon to see people modify them. Your plans sound good too! :wink:

Either way, nice car... Enjoy it.
CDesign

Post by CDesign »

Not so many petrolheads here.
I'm the owner of my favourite car, the cheapest most expensive sportscar in the world :wink:

A 1994 Mazda MX-5 1.8 in British Racing Green, 130hp, 980kg and rear wheel drive. The party starts above 5000 rpm :P
Yes, that's my wife and our dog.
...only time can tell...
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

I never noticed this thread before. Ok, let me say, that the best car I have owned to date was a 1993 Toyota Corolla. It was white. I don't plan to ever buy another car that isn't white.

I sold that Corolla to a friend in 1997 because I wasn't driving it any more since purchasing the most fun car I have ever owned, a 1997 Mustang GT convertible. White of course!

It's an interesting story of how I bought the stang. I had just broken up with my girlfriend and was pretty depressed. I was living in West Palm Beach FL at the time. To get over my depression and get me out of the house, I thought it would be fun to go look at cars. I had absolutely zero intent of buying one though. And I thought, since I am not going to buy a car, why not just look at fun cars...cars I would not even consider buying? So, I test drove a Porsche Boxter, a BMW Z3, a Toyota Cellica GT, a Mitsubishi 3000GT, a Nissan 300Z, and I can't remember what else. Over the week or two I was looking at cars, I had already accepted a new job back in Atlanta, and would be moving to ATL in a week. One day I dropped by the Ford dealer to drive a Mustang. I wanted to drive an automatic transmission because I really didn't like driving manuals. I was very uncomfortable with the Z3 shifting. Unfortunately [well not for the salesman], they only had a manual in the V8 available. I was about a block down the road from the dealership when I asked the salesman how quickly he could get me one in white because I was moving in 5 days. That salesman puttzed around for 2 days. I don't know what he was waiting for...I had told him I was moving in 5. So, I found another salesman on the third day. He found one for me in Clearwater and had it driven to West Palm Beach on the fourth day when I picked it up. I moved the next day.

I was really bummed though because I couldn't get it back to ATL like I planned. I still owned the Corolla. So my plan was to tow the stang to ATL on the back of the moving truck and fly back to pick up the Corolla the next weekend. However, the crappy tow trailer the rental agency finally got me, 4 hours later than they were supposed to have it mind you, was messed up at the rear and had some ripped metal that was sticking up. Because of the low front air dam of the stang, I couldn't get it on the trailer and had to tow the Corolla back instead, leaving my brand new stang sitting unattended at my previous apartment complex. When I got to Atlanta early the next morning after driving all night, my buddy said there was no way he would leave a new stang sitting in FL for a week unattended. He scared me enough and offered to fly down with me to help drive it back because I was so sleepy. Keep in mind I was on zero sleep at this point. So we flew to WPB and picked up the stang when my friend says, how far are we from Miami? Realizing I didn't have to be at my new job for a couple days, and when was the next time I was going to be an hour from Miami with a convertible, we headed to Miami. We spent about 2 hours there and headed back. I was severely sleep deprived by this point and I don't really remember much. What I do remember was 'flying' back to Atlanta on the Florida turnpike. I remember going *** mph at some points. I don't know what we were thinking. But man, that car was fast, and it felt fast!

I traded the stang for an Acura TL in 2000. That car was not white and will be the last non-white car I plan to buy. The Acura was not a very good car for me, and I traded it this past April for a 2006 Toyota Camry, probably the smartest car I have bought to date. The 2007s were out and I got a great deal on it. And, it is white! :D

*** - Edited for legal purposes. Notice it was 3 asterisks though.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
CDesign

Post by CDesign »

joerattz wrote:the most fun car I have ever owned, a 1997 Mustang GT convertible. White of course!

......a 2006 Toyota Camry, probably the smartest car I have bought to date. The 2007s were out and I got a great deal on it. And, it is white! :D
Why not got the 2007 Mustang?

Beautiful retro-design
...only time can tell...
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by joerattz »

CDesign wrote:Why not got the 2007 Mustang?
I love the look of the new Mustang. Right now, it doesn't make much sense for me to have a nice car. I am driving about 30-35K miles per year. That Acura I owned had 188K miles on it after 5 years. It just doesn't make much sense to have a nice car if I am just going to put it in an early grave. So, for my current purposes, the Camry is a great choice. Also, one of the reasons I traded the Mustang for the Acura was I had gotten married since I bought the Mustang. I didn't want my mother-in-law to have to keep crawling in the back of the stang. It was just too uncomfortable for her. So I decided a more family oriented 4-door car was more appropriate for my lifestyle. And, the same is true now. I really need a 4-door.

But, in a few more years, I can see a GT or Cobra in my future! Assuming they still drive the way I remember it. And, it should...they have only gotten more powerful since then.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
CDesign

Post by CDesign »

I see, the Acura (I beleive that is Honda here in Europe?) is the more practical car.

The MX-5 (You know it as Miata) is a two seater so I don't have the problem of someone crawling in the back. For us, (me, wife and dog), it's practical enough. My next car will also be a MX-5
...only time can tell...
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by joerattz »

My wife has a 1997 Honda Del Sol, which is also a two seater. It has been a good car, but man do I hate it. I call it the 'carnival ride'. First, it's red, and it's very small and low to the ground. I am pretty much wedged into the thing when I am in it. And it's so low to the ground I pretty much have to crawl out of it. It reminds me of those rides at the carnival, like the scrambler, where they put you in the metal car compartment and close the metal bars to keep you in it. Those often seem to be red. Man do I hate that car.

CDesign

Post by CDesign »

The MX-5 is even a tiny bit smaller (just some millimetres) and with my lenth of 1,94 mtr it fits like a glove. I don't get in the car, I put it on.

Because it is so low to the ground it has perfect roadhandling. On a bendy and twisty road it outruns all the Golf GTi's, Focus RS, maybe even a Mustang :roll: , Del Sol I don't know....
...only time can tell...