Fitting a steel strap on a C6

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ctafield

Fitting a steel strap on a C6

Post by ctafield »

I've bought a CW s/steel strap for my C6 but I cannot for the life of me fit it. It's almost as if the pins do not want to line up with the holes on the watch.

Has anyone else fit one? Did you have similar troubles? Any ideas please? :(
Andyft21
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10
LE-two: yes

Re: Fitting a steel strap on a C6

Post by Andyft21 »

ctafield wrote:I've bought a CW s/steel strap for my C6 but I cannot for the life of me fit it. It's almost as if the pins do not want to line up with the holes on the watch.

Has anyone else fit one? Did you have similar troubles? Any ideas please? :(

Hi Chris

I have only had trouble fitting a rubber strap to my T3, the metal strap which came of the T3 and went onto the yellow C6 was fairly easy after that. I am sure that it will fit just a bit of very careful manipulation and it should work.

good luck, Andy
Andy
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Cheers Andy.

I've spent a couple of hours trying to fit this now... It's starting to drive me potty. Closest I can get the pin is about 1mm out on each side from the holes. Madness. It's almost as if the strap wasn't designed for the watch.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Chris,
Save your nerves and get some curved sprongbars!
ADs and watch repairers use a special tool which puts a slight curve in the tool but you can buy them ' precurved' Try a trawl on the Bay, they should be around £1-3 a pair.
Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Thanks Rob. Couldn't see any the right size on eBay, but I found some on another site. £2.50 delivered. Fingers crossed! :)
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by paw3001 »

I had the same problem but sent watch and strap back to Wera and a few days later it was returned all perfectly fitted together
Watches - Too many but not enough!
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Well, I just got off the phone to Mr Ward (!!!) and he says that they changed the way the bracelets fit with the watch (I think it was that the case changed) so the strap I have was never going to fit anyway (regardless of what spring bars I use! :lol:). To remedy the problem though, they're going to set me two new end pieces for the bracelet... the sort that do fit. Hurrah!
Andyft21
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by Andyft21 »

Well, done Chris, that will at least make things a bit easier, I know the frustration I had when I tried to fit the rubber strap, about 2 hours and really fed up, but eventually it fitted. Glad your problem has been resolved relatively easily.

Andy
Andy
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Ok, so does anyone know how to remove the pins so I can adjust the strap please? :oops:

I have tried using small set of screw drivers, but couldn't get them to move... Likewise I have tried using a pin remover, but I didn't want to whack them hard in case they were screws. Anyone know the right way to go about it please? :oops:
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

ctafield wrote:Ok, so does anyone know how to remove the pins so I can adjust the strap please? :oops:

I have tried using small set of screw drivers, but couldn't get them to move... Likewise I have tried using a pin remover, but I didn't want to whack them hard in case they were screws. Anyone know the right way to go about it please? :oops:
They are not screws, push the pins out in the direction of the arrow.