Is this a daft idea?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: Is this a daft idea?

Post by MiniMpi »

Clach77 wrote: Sorry Ferg, but I do have a BRG MkI with a black bezel if that helps. :lol:
LOL :)
No bother mate.
I had to ask as its one that I've wanted for ages and slipped away from me in the New Year sale ;)

Back OT, I didn't think I'd be to fussed over having more quartz than auto's but my C5 has an allure that my C3 won't have and I think it's because of it being an automatic.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

If you aren't wearing them then sell them...buy something you want. There is no point in having watches you don't wear (at least in my opinion).
Your tastes will probably change anyway so it's always interesting to see what you become interested in.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jack »

I wouldn't necessirilly chuck all the quartz if you still get pleasure from wearing them. For me anything is up for a flip that I've grown out of love with. I recently got rid of three, two autos and a manual. I still have my two C3's though.

Cheers,
Jack.
Pegleg2001
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Pegleg2001 »

I have a circa '91 Tag Heuer 2000 Auto that ran great for 15 years when it started losing 2-3 mins a day. A service later it back on track (almost). The continuous sweep of the second hand sets it apart from my Seiko/Citizens.

I agree with above poster - autos have character1

Peggy
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

The process has now started. I've ordered a C40, so will move a couple out to fund it. Looking forward to the C40 arriving. :thumbup:
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Soulspawn
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 0

Post by Soulspawn »

Personally, I like both quartz and automatics. And as much as I enjoy playing with my automatics and setting the times on them before wearing it (I don't own a watch winder box) I appreciate the reliability of the quartz when I'm a in rush and just need to grab a watch.
So I gues it's good to have both types of watches in your collection!
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Since I first posted on this thread I've sold four quartz watches and bought two C40s. One is for work and one for casual. I've decided to keep six C6s as I like them enough not to worry they are quartz. I did sell one, but six is enough! I'm keeping my two BRG C7s, and my PVD C4 since it was a wedding present. Can't really sell it. :shock: My C2 is staying, at least until its replaced by a C20.

What I really would like next is a C700, but that might need to wait until I have the cash.I doubt I'm going to sell any more to buy, for now at least.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Sell them if you don't wear them and want to free up the funds to buy something else. Usually the hardest step is the first sale,but if you are already thinking about it then you are halfway there!
If in doubt,take the pictures,create the thread and then save it to drafts. Come back to it a couple of days later...if you are happy to just make it live then you are good to go.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
americanroyal89
Senior
Senior

Post by americanroyal89 »

poppydoodlesdad wrote:I'm not entirely convinced, while I too saw mechanical as a step 'above' quartz I've recently realised that in fact they are just different and there is not really a 'progression'.
If you need to sell watches to fund a purchase, fair enough, but I wouldn't do it just because they're quartz.
Yea I agree with this, not a step up but just different.

But I would say if they dont get wrist time then why not sell?
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

if that's what makes you happiest with your collection, that's what you should do. :) i wouldn't do it just to "rid yourself of quartz," unless that's really how you feel. don't worry about what others think about the quartz/auto divide, do you like them? do you wear them? will you regret selling them? if not, maybe it's time for an adjustment in your collection.
the "g" is for Greg...