Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by Peteo »

footycrazy wrote:Newest one today, and very non footy. 45mm x 15mm Ingersoll Scott IN8402 Automatic 35J moonphase calender.
I like it, footy! A big'un. Bit of a departure for sure, but it looks nice. Well done.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Peteo wrote:
Saffy wrote:I did read the brass issue thing a wee while ago. I'm not sure why one would consider keeping a brass case when should be bronze. I may be wrong but brass cases used to be a sign of mass produced cheap plated watch - soviet watches and such.
There are a handful of people on this forum who have them, and I think the split is pretty even in terms of keepers and not. The brass alloy has a touch of lead in it, which is a reason why some people are returning theirs. Me, I would have been okay with keeping mine, but as Magrette is offering, I'll happily take a credit and get something else. Magrette also gave the option of keeping it and getting a 15% discount on your next purchase, which seems like an alright deal in itself.
I took the 15% discount and got this.

I have three Magrettes and I love them all. Dion ( the Magrette owner ) has taken good care of me. :thumbup:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mr Rick »

Mr_Tickle wrote:Thanks for the info guys. That's a shame for magrette. I do like bronze as a material for a watch case and a bronze watch is def on my list, hoopefully some point this year. Not sure how many manuafcturers are doing it though apart from panarai (bronze ones are a bit expensive) and anonimo (bit ugly). Was starting to think a well designed, reasonably priced, bronze watch was asking too much?
I'll be receiving a reasonably priced bronze watch soon. I'll be sure to post pictures and a description.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mr Rick »

Saffy wrote:I did read the brass issue thing a wee while ago. I'm not sure why one would consider keeping a brass case when should be bronze. I may be wrong but brass cases used to be a sign of mass produced cheap plated watch - soviet watches and such.
The Magrette "bronze" has become somewhat of a collectors item. It's a fine watch no matter the case material.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Most small brands that got caught up with the Bronze statement bought cases made of brass initially, I had a Zenton Bronze that was made of brass, when the option became available I sent it back for a new bronze case. The brass never patinared properly and id rather have the more expensive case material that I payed for.

I love the way its aging now but looking back at the brass version in pictures I sometimes miss the extremely shiney case but you can't have it both ways.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

atnits wrote:Image
That's the second lovely Breitling I've seen today! :)
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

I miss all the great things that may never be.
Martinh
Junior
Junior

Post by Martinh »

iPhone photo doesn't do it justice

Think I'd have bought one of the nn C90s if I hadn't just got this.
christre
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by christre »

Trying a nato on my Steinhart OVM. This is a black leather one ive had for a while but never used and the first time ive tried wearing a strap of this style. Not quite sure about it to start but its starting to grow on me. I may be becoming a nato fan,, its very comfortable..
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

Speedbird III

No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Astro
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Astro »

Soulspawn
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 0

Post by Soulspawn »

Rocking the orient bambino today Image one if my fav working watches. It looks and feels a lot more expensive than it actually is
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mr Rick »

Rick

Various vintage Heuers
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

Incoming: 0