Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

That Special Cream Color (C6)

Post by Peteo »

The lightning speed at which Rusty's cream colored C6 sold on the sales corner made me wonder something.

Given how popular that model and color seem to be, why is it that this particular shade of cream isn't on more CWL watches? Sure, there's the cream found on the C5s and C8s, but the cream on the C6 is different than those. It's darker and less yellow. It actually feels more like a "genuine" cream, and it really is a great color. It ought to be on a couple more CWL models. Are there other models in the archives that I'm forgetting or not aware of?
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: That Special Cream Color (C6)

Post by rcherryuk »

Peteo wrote:The lightning speed at which Rusty's cream colored C6 sold on the sales corner made me wonder something.

Given how popular that model and color seem to be, why is it that this particular shade of cream isn't on more CWL watches? Sure, there's the cream found on the C5s and C8s, but the cream on the C6 is different than those. It's darker and less yellow. It actually feels more like a "genuine" cream, and it really is a great color. It ought to be on a couple more CWL models. Are there other models in the archives that I'm forgetting or not aware of?
As far as I can remember the White C6 was a 'happy mistake' , AFAIK there was a production issue with the dial colours which resulted in them going straight on clearance.

I must admit it's my 'go to' holiday watch though!
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
downer

Post by downer »

I don't recall the white C6 going straight to clearance. I thought it was a part of the regular line up for a couple of years.

I just assumed it was not popular - until a few decent pics showed up on here.....
Richard
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

downer wrote:I don't recall the white C6 going straight to clearance. I thought it was a part of the regular line up for a couple of years.

I just assumed it was not popular - until a few decent pics showed up on here.....
I am not enough of a CWL veteran to know this history, obviously. It could be that a model with limited quantity that is lightning popular on a dedicated secondary market doesn't translate as well to a broader primary market. That said, every time I see one here, it's gone in a matter of moments. Strikes me as some decently strong anecdotal evidence. I'd probably take a long hard look at almost any model that came out in that color provided that it was a proper size.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

downer wrote:I don't recall the white C6 going straight to clearance. I thought it was a part of the regular line up for a couple of years.

I was thinking the same. It was only when I saw pics posted here that I realised what a nice colour combo it was and bought one later. In fact my entry for the 2012 FLE was to use that colour combo.

I also wanted a blue seconds hand like the C6

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Richard is correct. The C6SW was a real dog. There really was no demand until clearanced and real good photos started showing up.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Kip wrote:

Richard is correct. The C6SW was a real dog. There really was no demand until clearanced and real good photos started showing up.
It's like the Austin Powers of watches. Bombed in theaters. Sold like hot cakes on DVD. It's even British! Real British of course. Not Canadian with a bad British accent. :P

That of course answers the question. I'm sure Chris probably has bigger concerns than keeping track of which bombs end up with new lives on clearance and in the secondary market.
Peteo
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62

Post by PaulWB »

If CW started to produce a C60 in the cream (or even a C6 to keep Laird happy), there would be plenty of people wanting to buy them due to the unusual colour (which doesn't seem to have been produced by any other manufacturer).
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by The Laird »

PaulWB wrote:If CW started to produce a C60 in the cream (or even a C6 to keep Laird happy), there would be plenty of people wanting to buy them due to the unusual colour (which doesn't seem to have been produced by any other manufacturer).
Hi Everyone, :D

This post has just reminded me!!!

BRING BACK THE KINGFISHER!!!

Till next time…

The Laird :D (Mad as a box of frogs!!!) :lol:
MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22

Post by DSHall »

Kip wrote:

I bought one on the bay, pretty cheap. I was looking to get the set. When it came I was (and still am) blown away by how good it looks. Same with my champagne dial C7 [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I sadly didn't get the C6 that started this thread :(
I'll get one one day though ;)
Macca

Post by Macca »

I really like the c60 with it on, well done Ian, sure if cw did offer it as a colour one diver it would sell, looks great in pictures.. Maybe as has been echoed many times before, better pictures on the website are required?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD