canbkg
CW-watches: 0

Re: magrette bronze 2nd batch

Post by canbkg »

did it work?
Jpjsavage

Post by Jpjsavage »

I got mine from its first owner as a Christmas present. Came with a limited edition strap (Dstrap?), one of 25 apparently. I love it, even though it seems quite noisy compared to my other autos.
amleto
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by amleto »

canbkg wrote: did it work?
no, it's only showing the back of the watch - you have to turn your monitor around so we can see the front!
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?
Bozkurt
Junior
Junior

Post by Bozkurt »

Impressive watch.
Will be glad to find in private sales .
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Bozkurt, keep an eye on WUS. There have been at least 2 sold this month. Don't expect a huge bargain, they seem to be holding value fairly well.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Bozkurt
Junior
Junior

Post by Bozkurt »

Thanks Lavaine,
No no , I'm not a bargain guy so hopefully all will be good.
Just read the story of the watch here at CW on those days and after that all the storyline on the two other forums for the totall picture , and yes I decide to buy it :D
Nice piece with an interesting story.
As I'm more the knives collector ,I already know from my field that sometimes a "bug" can be a feature :D
P.S
Seems I find the one for myself to buy and when I receive it , will place a photo on my Non CW of the day.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lavaine »

I think you'll enjoy it Bozkurt. Mine has developed a nice patina, and sees regular use. Good luck with the search, and do post a pic when you get one.
Bozkurt
Junior
Junior

Post by Bozkurt »

Yepp.
Now I have Magrette as well :D

Joanbarbu

Post by Joanbarbu »

Congrats, I really like your watches, and what Magrette does in general - full of character and nicely executed.
Furthermore, the email from Magrette posted previously is very reassuring as it seems they warned their clients as soon as they heard of a potential issue (rather than waiting for first returns). I like that !!

All that to say Ill probably a Magrette at some point (after a couple of CWs)
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Okay, so I think I still have not been added to Magrette's mailing list for the whole Bronze / Brass situation. Nevertheless, Dion did let me know that I have the following options:

1. You keep the watch, accepting a 15% discount on your next watch purchase (valid until June 2013) and a set of black/brown straps with stainless steel buckles, OR;

2. You keep the watch and accept a payment of $100 USD as compensation for delivering a brass instead of bronze case. Please allow up to 6 weeks to receive payment, OR;

3. You order a different Magrette watch and we will trade in the brass model as part-payment in the value of $285.00USD , OR;

4. You send back the watch, strap(s), roll-case, papers and box and we will pay back the original invoice amount after receiving back your watch. Please include your paypal or bank details (incl. IBAN/SWIFT info), date of purchase and number of the watch. Please allow up to 6 weeks to receive payment.

I'm curious to know which option the other Magrette Brass owners are going for. I have to say that I think I like option 3. The idea of getting a brand new Regatare Chronograph for a little over $200 is not bad. I've fallen out of love with the Brass, and I wouldn't mind giving another Magrette model a try at a discount.

What about everyone else?
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lavaine »

I kept the watch, and accepted a partial refund. Magrettes are too large for me to wear regularly, so option 1 was not a good choice for me. If they were a little smaller I would have gone for 1 and bought a chronograph. I think Mr Rick went for option 1.
If you have fallen out of love with the bronze, then option 3 sounds like a good choice for you.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Lavaine wrote:I kept the watch, and accepted a partial refund. Magrettes are too large for me to wear regularly, so option 1 was not a good choice for me. If they were a little smaller I would have gone for 1 and bought a chronograph. I think Mr Rick went for option 1.
If you have fallen out of love with the bronze, then option 3 sounds like a good choice for you.
Lavaine is correct. I went with option #1. and I'm very happy with both watches. :thumbup:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Mr Fix It
Junior
Junior

Post by Mr Fix It »

What price range are these watches? And do they have a UK distributor, or do you have to purchase direct from them in New Zealand?