Anyone have a C3 MkII on preorder ?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I was wondering if anyone has a C3 MkII on preorder ?
I'm really looking forward to seeing some 'real' in the metal photos of it and also to see a size comparison between it and a C5 Mk1 ;)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

No one ?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Anyone have a C3 MkII on preorder ?

Post by Kip »

I am sure it is no surprise, but my reservation is in for a C3 SGWT-MKII. Does that make you feel better? :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

I think most members are automatic or mechanical collectors and are not so keen on quartz. :(
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

alphajet wrote:I think most members are automatic or mechanical collectors and are not so keen on quartz. :(
And in the FLE movement poll 80% said no to quartz. :lol:
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Kip wrote:I am sure it is no surprise, but my reservation is in for a C3 SGWT-MKII. Does that make you feel better? :)
Not surprised LOL :D
And yes ;)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

alphajet wrote:I think most members are automatic or mechanical collectors and are not so keen on quartz. :(
True ;)
But the C3 has always bypassed that opinion here with automatic only members buying a C3 because it's so nice.
Going to buy one for Christmas for myself :)
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

"At a time when sustainability is the buzzword everywhere you go, what better example can there be than the mechanical watch? It is an investment for life - and even beyond. While batteries and - sooner or later - the whole quartz watch will end up on the garbage heap, mechanical watches will simply be passed on. Forgetting all the factual arguments that men, in particular, make in order to justify unnecessary purchases such as fast cars, amazing aeroplanes or even hugely expensive watches, we would just like to say: All these things are tremendous fun."

1001 Wristwatches 2012
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Interesting read there Robin ;)
I'm still buying a C3SWT Mk II in December :)
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I like Quartz. I like how they keep keep the time accurately. When I finish my desired collection to four different watches I will wear daily (and always in a rush), an automatic could be troublesome if I don't spend even more money and purchase a winder. I also like how the second-hand on a Quartz moves every second (which is not bad at all compared to an automatic's second-hand smoothness which everyone prefers). I would like an Automatic one day, perhaps when I travel or later on when I eventually purchase an Omega or Rolex. But Quartz are so hated by the watch community right now they've become the "cool thing" for me and I like flaunting them when out and about. Take that, watch snobs. :thumbup:

I am looking at buying the C3 MK II Charcoal on Stainless Steel sometime this year. I am currently deciding between the C3 and C7 (C7SKK-MK2). Both are really nice, though, I feel the C3 is the more original design, while also being cheaper. I also love the C3 MK 1 and still think it is a good purchase, but the MK II having the sun-ray effect and one-piece dial is nicer for me. I hope the 39mm will add to the classiness and not take away.

I how love how the C3 can be both casual or sporty, depending on the bracelet or strap you put on it. I am getting many ideas. Also, the Black and White dials differ the watch and both lead to different ideas for straps and purpose too. The C7, on the other hand, I think will always look sporty no matter what bracelet or strap goes on.

Also, the Aston Martin classy vibe will make this American feel like an Englishman. The name is Bond, Joe Bond. \:D/
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.