LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Customer Service

Post by Kip »

I just want everyone to know what spectacular service I have received recently. I live in the US and was trying unsuccessfully to change the delivery address while placing an order for the C5. I sent an E-mail and phone twice to attemp to rectify the problem with the CW website. Although their problem has not yet been completely solved, the order has been placed. Many thanks to CW and his terrific staff. How many companies would make overseas calls for an order this size. Thank you Chris. Keep up the great work.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

Well, if you end up needing spectacular service, you got lucky and found the right company to need it by.

As a side note, I recently made a post here about another watch I bought from a different company. The watch itself is very nice, and I am completely satisfied with it. And, the strap was even better than I expected. Being the neverending pain in the wazoo perfectionist I can be at times, I sent them an email with 4 things I thought they should consider doing to improve the product.

1. New packaging. The watch packaging was terrible, and the watch was much nicer than the packaging would indicate. I referred to it as the type of packaging you would expect to get one of those watches from the crane machine at the arcade with.

2. Better directions. They had one of those here's a list of a bunch of watches similar to ones we sell. See if you can figure out which one is closest to yours. Good luck!

3. Add a deployant to the strap.

4. Etch hour markers into the side wall of the bezel.

Obviously, 3 and 4 are design issues, and I knew when I bought the watch that it would not have those. So, it's not like I am upset or dissappointed, it's just here are two things I think would improve the product itself.

What disapponted me most was they never even replied to the email. And, I know they got it because the first one I sent bounced back and I actually called them because I thought I had the wrong email address. So, I sent it again with the guy on the phone and he confirmed he got it. I didn't expect him to respond right there, so he didn't. I then asked about a deployant and sure enough, they had just gotten some in. I ordered it, and it arrived reasonably soon.

After using the deployant, I found it to not work very well. I analyzed what I thought was actually causing the two problems I was having, and typed a well worded email with the problems and what I thought was causing them.

The problems were:

1. The deployant is sometimes very difficult to actually snap closed.

2. It pops open unintentionally sometimes. Though this sounds bad, it isn't because it only happens when I am taking off the watch any way.

The first problem is odd because their deployant is almost identical to the one CW uses, but his work like a charm. There is one small difference, and I assume that must be the culprit. I explained all of this in the email I sent to them, and told them I wasn't seeking a return or refund, but that they should take a look at this.

The second problem was caused by just how nice the strap actually is. Because it is so wide, 22mm, and so thick, when I pull the strap out of the keeper to take the watch off, the strap puts enough force on the deployant to pop it open. They need a stiffer clasp for a strap as thick, wide, and stiff as the one on that watch. I mean, heck, this is almost a compliment. But again, something they should look at...at least for a next production run.

Sadly, again, they never replied to that email.

And, one last email I sent them was about that similar watch I saw on ebay at 3 times the price. I sent them an email with the link to the other ridiculously priced watch on ebay, and they replied back pointing out that their watch was actually better because theirs had sapphire crystals front and back, whereas the ebay watch had mineral glass.

Dissappointly, It seems they are only interested in corresponding with me when I have something positive to say. If I have a criticsim, all of mine so far have been truly constructive in nature, they ignore me. Not really the kind of business I like to do business with. I am sure if I called them up if I had a problem, they would resolve it to the best of their ability, but they aren't very transparent or proactive.

I contrast this with the service I personally have received from CW and witnessed from others on this board. There is just no comparison. With the service and pricing Chris is providing, I have no doubt he will do well. The challenge for him will be keeping it up as his company grows.

And, I know that when I send Chris an email about something troubling me with one of his watches, he will respond. Heck, he might even make me a video showing me how to solve my problem.

I hope you enjoy your watch when you receive it. I am sure you will. Most everyone comments on how much nicer they look in person. Perhaps that should be his new motto, "Wow, it looks better in person!". Ok, Chris, I want a cut if you use it. :D
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20