Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Midsize !

A place to discuss other watch-brands
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Re: Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Midsize !

Post by CornishDave »

That looks a fabulous watch and you have taken some excellent photos, well done and enjoy your new purchase! :clap:
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

28800bph wrote:Looks nice!! That bezel finish looks great with the dial.

I noticed that it has a double set of screws on each lug to hold the strap or bracelet. How does that system work? Is there one springbar or screwbar? Can it be changed out to any strap, or is it required to get a Ball strap?

I did ask the saleswoman offhand whether I had to remove both screws on each side to remove the bracelet, and I think she said yes, but I have no idea how one would then attach a strap to the lugs. Maybe you just use the inner screwbar (the removable bracelet links are attached by way of screwbars and not push pins, so the lugs probably use the same system) on each side for your strap? That is, you thread/screw the bar through the inner lug holes and the strap?

My intention was to keep this an all-metal watch, so I didn't really pursue the issue.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

It is probably a tube with female threads on both ends secured by 2 screws or a tube that slides thru that is threaded on one end to receive 1 screw.

Either way, it should not be difficult to switch to a strap should you ever have the desire.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
28800bph
"Asylum Knight of the Diver"
CW-watches: 1

Post by 28800bph »

Thanks for the details on the lug screws. I would leave it on the bracelet too!
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Looks great. Congrats on the pickup. Seems as if Ball is making its way up the list of Other Brands on this forum.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Leo David
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Leo David »

Looks good on your wrist asqwerth. I have to say since getting my Ball a few months ago I have not worn my other watches. It feels so comfortable, looks great, the quality is fantastic and the accuracy quite unbelievable. I'm definitely a Ball convert and will be looking to add another when the time and price is right. Congrats on a great addition to your collection.