Finally Got My Yellow Kingfisher

Take some photos of your CW wristwatch and post them here!
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Finally Got My Yellow Kingfisher

Post by joerattz »

When the sneak preview images of the Kingfisher were first released, I had my eyes on the yellow one. I had been wanting a yellow diver and dug the yellow C6. But, the forum LE turned out to be a modified C6 and blue, so I kind of put the yellow C6 out of my mind. Then, CW turned up the heat on the T3s by discounting them to the point I couldn't resist, so add another C6 to my collection. Also, at some point, one of the forum members posted photos of their white C6...John I think it was. And the white looked sharp too.

Well, then March rolled around and my £50 voucher was burning a hole in my pocket. Since there was also a 10% discount on chronos at the time, I was convinced I would be using the voucher for either a C3 or C4, but I was having a hard time choosing.

On the one I hand, I like that the C3 was a 3-hand chrono and it looks distinctive. On the other hand, I like the sporty look of the C4 and the alarm. But I didn't care for the fact that it was only a 2-hand chrono. Which one to get? Then I realized, so what if I already have two C6s? If I like them, and I do obviously prefer divers at this point since 7 of my 14 watches are divers, what does it matter? So, a yellow C6 was ordered. Since I had not had a decent digital camera in the past, these watch reveals were out of the question, but now that I do have one, here we go. I added a measuring tape for some size context. The tape is in inches.

Here is the package. It always arrives nicely packaged. Very consistent with every CW I have purchased.

Time to peel the onion a bit. What's under the brown packaging paper?

Bubble wrap of course! Let's peel away the bubble wrap.

As you can see, this is the C6SYS #347. So, I can't take it any longer, what's in the box?

Another box! Ok, what is this, a set of those nestable Russian boxes? So what's inside this box?

Ah, now we are getting somewhere. Clockwise from the top left corner is the cleaning cloth, the instruction manual, the box/watch, and the hand-signed thank you letter from Chris. I wish the next photo had turned out better, but it didn't so now we skip ahead a bit.

Hey, what do you know, it's already set. But on London time! Hard to believe this watch came from anywhere else now.

I love the blue second hand in this shot.

And, now that it is sized and set, a wrist shot!

So, what do I think? Well, it is my third C6 and I have to say I am not disappointed in the least. You would think by now that the thrill would be over, but I am digging it. I finally have a yellow diver. I haven't had it long enough to give any sort of review, but I will say the lume on it seems better than my T3 or Forum LE. I will also say that I really love the contrast of the black hour markers on the yellow dial. I bet the white one is smashing too. Man, I hope I don't get a white one too! Somebody help me before it's too late!

One thing that may not be obvious from the photos and I hadn't really noticed in any of the pictures before. In my photos above, the dial appears to be a flat yellow, but it isn't. This yellow dial is the same type of radiant dial that the blue one is. I am not sure it has as much personality or will have as many different looks, but in person, I think the dial is better looking than any of the photos I have seen so far.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Finally Got My Yellow Kingfisher

Post by Daz »

:)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Great Biopic so far Joe. Looking forward to the rest of the story as it unfolds. I am very happy for you. Nice photos also. I know you have been resisting this yellow for along time. I am glad the insanity finally took hold....I always knew it would. As far as helping you out on the white one, Okay, for what its worth, My suggestion is to buy it. We know "Resistance is futile"and so do you.......Let the insanity continue!!!!!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

That yellow kingfisher is gorgeous and the pictures are brilliant!

I really wish it was available as an automatic as I want one so much!
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

Here is some more info for those interested in the yellow C6. One of my concerns was the shade of yellow. I didn't want it to look "mustardy". This yellow does not look mustardy in any sense. Interestingly, it gets more beautiful in lower light. Right now, I am in low light conditions and it is lemony.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
ionutz
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by ionutz »

Beutyfull watch Joe and I like your C6 Kingfishers trio .
john
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Hey Joe,

The yellow C6 looks better than I thought it would and your pictures show it as you've described. Great Pics! If your pic review doesn't sell it for someone who can't quite decide, I don't know what would.

Russ
Marignac
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Marignac »

These are great photographs! Congrats to this very beautiful diver! Don't wear this while driving your car - you might fail to look ahead...
WatchLove_OS
Expert
Expert

Post by WatchLove_OS »

Joe she sure is a beauty! That yellow is just super! Gives the watch a really clean look! Great post, enjoy your watch! :D