Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: My Ball Trainmaster Streamliner

Post by Peteo »

downer wrote:Peteo, I was just looking at this thread again....

Not only is it a very nice watch, but your photographs are also very good - really showing us the details. :thumbup:
Thanks for the praise, downer. Honestly, I think it's still a bit of a coin flip as to whether what I am trying to capture actually comes through in the picture. I am particularly proud of the third shot though.

Clearly I need to buy more watches to get even more practice!
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Leo David wrote:Don't be too disappointed with the case back. In the absence of Ball's trademark engraved backs, the rotor is very nicely engraved and in my view glass back suits the watch very well. Overall it's a very nice well balanced piece so congrats and enjoy wearing it.
I think that you're right that the see-thru caseback works for this watch. I'm not too saddened that I didn't get an engraved caseback, but they are very nice.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
shrink
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by shrink »

I just love seeing other peoples Balls...

.... erm ball watches that is :)

have a real soft spot for the brand
Who watches the watch-men
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

shrink wrote:I just love seeing other peoples Balls...

.... erm ball watches that is :)

have a real soft spot for the brand
A good thing I kept reading! :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jack »

village wrote:I like that..very clean & simple for a Ball. I think it looks best on the leather tbh..i suspect that a bracelet would look less elegant.
Yes, it is very clean and simple for a Ball. They do a few that are more conventional (if that's the right word) and I really lke them. This is very nice indeed, they seem to have created an elegant wtch with its own character which is as we all know, quite hard to pull off.

Richards new Bremont and now this has gotten me thinking about having a look at both brands. I have done before, but it was a good while back. Congrats to both on both.

Cheers,
Jack.
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

I agree with the observation that this plain and simple for a Ball, but it looks good to me.

I have spent a lot of time looking at their products (partly because the prices aren't too high) and have often been put off because features that I felt should be curved were straight - a design restriction imposed by the tritium tubes.

This watch doesn't suffer that drawback. It's a nice, classic piece. Congratulations.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

nathanclarinet wrote:lume shot required ;)
Sorry for the delay and the not-so-good quality on this. My first attempt at taking a lume shot with my new camera.

RSCN0621 by peteo72, on Flickr
Peteo
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

That's a really nice watch, Pete. I do like the dial, and the sensible size. Congrats! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Phil0886
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Phil0886 »

That's a really nice watch, Pete. I do like the dial, and the sensible size. Congrats!
+1 - I got the Firman II because of the nice clean face and easy readability but when I called in to my local Ball AD at the weekend to see what they had they were all a bit fussy, certainly nothing as nice as your new arrival. :thumbup:
CW: C60 FLE Blue #009
Non-CW: Rolex Sub ND, Panerai PAM 312, Grand Seiko SBGM027, Omega AT, Omega PO, Heuer Monza, Maurice Lacroix Pontos S, San Martin 62MAS, HIMQ Marinemaster.