C60 Trident + Small Wrists - Any Experiences?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
CUBuffalo

Re: C60 Trident + Small Wrists - Any Experiences?

Post by CUBuffalo »

Hey Mezz -

I'm in Denver, but still make it to Boulder often. I will take you up on that. I'm buying.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

julywest wrote:
downer wrote:
ndabunka wrote:That red jag looks WAY too big on Peteo's photos IMHO but perhaps that was what peteo wants (the huge look).

One thing to remember is that the diameter is not nearly as important as the shape. A wide, flat 6.5 could be "just fine" but a round 6.75 like Peteo's makes the C60 look HUGE.
In your not so humble opinion.............
I think it looks too big also but thats up to Peteo. No way anyone can increase wrist size so you gotta do what you gotta do.
The C60 series is well designed to fit wrists with the lugs bending downwards.
I think the photos make the watch look bigger than it actually wears.

I wish that CW made more 40mm watches. I think that those would generally be the right size for me. I've got a couple of 42s, a 43 and a couple of 44s. The two 44s (Magrette Bronze or Brass or Whatever and the Steinhart Nav) definitely wear really big on me, but I like them enough that it doesn't really bother me. The 43 (C9 FLE) wears a lot smaller than that. It certainly feels smaller than my Kingfisher and my Trident, which are 42s.

Yeah, most watches built nowadays look big on me. But I'm 5'5", 130 lbs, with 6.5" wrists. Pretty much everything looks big on me. So my options are wear big or go home. :lol:
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Mezzame
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Mezzame »

CUBuffalo wrote:Hey Mezz -

I'm in Denver, but still make it to Boulder often. I will take you up on that. I'm buying.
Great - let's work it out.
C60 Trident GMT-SKS
C70 RAF Ad Astra
C60 Auto SKK
Seiko Diver
Pathfinder
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Peteo wrote:
I think the photos make the watch look bigger than it actually wears.

I wish that CW made more 40mm watches. I think that those would generally be the right size for me. I've got a couple of 42s, a 43 and a couple of 44s. The two 44s (Magrette Bronze or Brass or Whatever and the Steinhart Nav) definitely wear really big on me, but I like them enough that it doesn't really bother me. The 43 (C9 FLE) wears a lot smaller than that. It certainly feels smaller than my Kingfisher and my Trident, which are 42s.

Yeah, most watches built nowadays look big on me. But I'm 5'5", 130 lbs, with 6.5" wrists. Pretty much everything looks big on me. So my options are wear big or go home. :lol:
Well your height weight sounds like you are a guy in good shape and thus I retract my comment :D . I think you are doing what you should wearing something you like and if wears well based on your wrist, then good! I bet with short sleeve shirt on that baby stands out. I dont like anything myself above 43mm and I am 6ft 190lbs and OLD!
kardnal
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2
LE-foura: yes

Post by kardnal »

I have a small wrist, and I don't find my FLE sits too large on it at all.

(When my girlfriend first saw the watch before I put it on, she thought it'd be too large. When I put it on, she changed her mind, and decided it looked just great.)
amleto
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by amleto »

fairly close on ~6.75" wrist
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?