SOS call for AVO and XT

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Leo David
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

SOS call for AVO and XT

Post by Leo David »

Steve, David, where are you guys? You haven't been on for a while and your input and humour is missed. C'mon chaps get posting again.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: SOS call for AVO and XT

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Right here! I was away for a week with only my phone for internet access, and I've been quite busy.

Also, to be honest, the watch obsession was getting a bit much and I felt I needed to step back a bit and take stock. A month or so ago, I was almost ready to blow silly money on a high-end vintage piece, and thankfully got cold feet. I have a holiday to fund and various projects at home, and looking at what I've spent on watches in the last few months (even with the ones I sold) I was threatening to stretch myself a bit thin.

I'm trying not to buy any more watches for a few months, as I'm still finding it hard to allot wrist-time to the ten I have. Fortunately CW is making it easy by producing watches I don't really want or in some cases even like. If they offer a sub-40mm manual in the autumn I might be very interested, but not until or unless that happens.

The main point, though, is that there is more to life than watches, and I was losing sight of that.

Oh, and I got a bit fed up with the "speed posting" debate and the logo debate, and tried to stay out of both. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

There is more to life than watches. The problem is, most of the other stuff isn't as interesting.
Leo David
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Leo David »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Right here! I was away for a week with only my phone for internet access, and I've been quite busy.

Also, to be honest, the watch obsession was getting a bit much and I felt I needed to step back a bit and take stock. A month or so ago, I was almost ready to blow silly money on a high-end vintage piece, and thankfully got cold feet. I have a holiday to fund and various projects at home, and looking at what I've spent on watches in the last few months (even with the ones I sold) I was threatening to stretch myself a bit thin.

I'm trying not to buy any more watches for a few months, as I'm still finding it hard to allot wrist-time to the ten I have. Fortunately CW is making it easy by producing watches I don't really want or in some cases even like. If they offer a sub-40mm manual in the autumn I might be very interested, but not until or unless that happens.

The main point, though, is that there is more to life than watches, and I was losing sight of that.

Oh, and I got a bit fed up with the "speed posting" debate and the logo debate, and tried to stay out of both. :D
I understand this completely. I use the forum sparingly during the week and occasionally at weekends and like you I have recently reduced the number of watches I own, in my case right down to two. I'm still on the lookout for a vintage piece but after that I'll probably stop buying. I agree also on the CW range although if something I want comes up in SC I'll go for it. Take it easy, Steve 8)