LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: C9 Harrison Jumping Hour

Post by Kip »

Philip wrote:
Kip wrote:As near as I can tell it was running about +4 per day.
Is that 4 seconds or 4 minutes? If it's seconds, how do you tell (as the Jumping Hour doesn't have seconds indication, does it)? Do you just look for when the hour jumps and compare that against your reference source?
It is about 4 seconds fast per day. Waiting for the hour change is how I checked it. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

Philip wrote:
Kip wrote:As near as I can tell it was running about +4 per day.
Is that 4 seconds or 4 minutes? If it's seconds, how do you tell (as the Jumping Hour doesn't have seconds indication, does it)? Do you just look for when the hour jumps and compare that against your reference source?

Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...
LeChef
Junior
Junior

Post by LeChef »

Ok, since I'm a newbie, I have to ask this question: What's makes the jumping hour a complication compared to a normal automatic watch? Is it that it requires more power to turn the hour-disc?
trsleigh
CW-watches: 4

Post by trsleigh »

LeChef wrote:Ok, since I'm a newbie, I have to ask this question: What's makes the jumping hour a complication compared to a normal automatic watch? Is it that it requires more power to turn the hour-disc?
That's pretty much it. Have a look at the owner's manual, it's all explained there.
http://www.christopherward.co.uk/skin/f ... Manual.pdf

Are you thinking of buying one? :thumbup:
LeChef
Junior
Junior

Post by LeChef »

Thanks :) I would, but my budget doesn't allow me to right now, but sometime in the future maybe! would be the perfect watch to wear in a suit. Props to CW for making a jumping hour to a good price though. And I can't understand why some people don't like the looks of it. Has to be one of the most elegant watches in CW's portfolio
trsleigh
CW-watches: 4

Post by trsleigh »

LeChef wrote:Thanks :) I would, but my budget doesn't allow me to right now, but sometime in the future maybe! would be the perfect watch to wear in a suit. Props to CW for making a jumping hour to a good price though. And I can't understand why some people don't like the looks of it. Has to be one of the most elegant watches in CW's portfolio
Don't forget it's a limited edition ( 200 ). I didn't, and persuaded myself with a bit of creative accounting that it was entirely within my budget so I bought mine a couple of months ago. Luckily also had a compulsory family wedding upcoming so managed to avoid too much trouble by muttering something about needing a suitable watch to go with my suit for the occasion. :)

I think it looks really striking and I don't regret splashing out. Also has an unexpected side effect of making all the other CW range look even more reasonably priced, :thumbup: but I will need to curb my urges for a while.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

I think the Jumping Hour looks fabulous. A really beautiful watch. If i had the funds available I'd get one, but for now I'll just enjoy my new C60 GMT and watch as the final ones are snapped up. :cry:

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Tomsolo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6
LE-three: yes

Post by Tomsolo »

I see now on the CWL website that the Jump hour is sold out...Very good for CW.. but not so for my hopes of one appearing in a sale..... :lol:
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Tomsolo wrote:I see now on the CWL website that the Jump hour is sold out...Very good for CW.. but not so for my hopes of one appearing in a sale..... :lol:
I'm waiting for the MK II with a black dial and the new logo. :thumbup: :clap:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Tomsolo wrote:I see now on the CWL website that the Jump hour is sold out...Very good for CW.. but not so for my hopes of one appearing in a sale..... :lol:
Who said they would never sell? :silent: :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Ranger
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 19

Post by Ranger »

Kip wrote:
Who said they would never sell? :silent: :lol:
Indeed, it's almost like Mr Ward knows what he's doing.
Gettin' A Whole Lot Older Every Day...