Doxa offer

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Doxa offer

Post by Wis »

Came across this today. Doxa Ultraspeed racing chrono reduced from $3490 to $1990. Too big for me at 44mm, but perhaps some of you would like one? :D
http://www.doxawatches.com/ultraspeed.htm
Bjørn
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod

Re: Doxa offer

Post by redd »

Even though you said other wise I still clicked and had a stereotypical DOXA in my head i.e. diver and orange/blue.... you live and learn.
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Wis »

Quite good looking chrono, but as I said to big for me. Had it been 38 - 40mm...
Bjørn
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

A limited edition of 150 pieces.

A beautiful watch - one which has caught my eye previously

But come on a 1500 dollar reduction on a run of 150! Surely they would have built the lot in one batch, so i don't get the new deals on parts bit. Also frankly this looks like a massive fail from I assume a direct seller which is an insult to anyone who paid the full price on the watch. The watch has been around since at least January 2011 so has clearly been a very slow seller. For me seeing this huge price has damaged the brand integrity beyond measure! maybe they should stick to what they do best.

That said boy do i like this watch!
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

It's OK but even with that reduction it's way outside my budget!
Jape
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Jape »

As Beastie said...these have been around for quite a while. I think I saw this 'offer' last spring for the first time...
But I would very much like a Doxa since it's the watch worn by my hero, Dirk Pitt. :)
C7 Rapide C11 Auto C600 Tri-Tech C2 Lido C40 Speedhawk C60 600 Sinn 857 Sinn 103St Sinn U1 Omega Seamaster Pro 300
Wants are many but funds scarce.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

It is too big and it does not strike me as that special apart from the fact that they have added a power reserve module to the 7750. Even at the special price of $1990 (about £1313) that is much more than a C40 at £650 or a C700 at £799 both of which are 7750's and I think are better looking.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Leo David
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Leo David »

ianblyth wrote:It is too big and it does not strike me as that special apart from the fact that they have added a power reserve module to the 7750. Even at the special price of $1990 (about £1313) that is much more than a C40 at £650 or a C700 at £799 both of which are 7750's and I think are better looking.
I think this is right, Ian. I keep telling myself that I need to stretch my horizons wider than CW, but every time I look watches that I would consider to be on a par or thereabouts with CW, I ask myself the same question; what am I paying for? I'm not talking about the difference between CW and Bremont, Omega, Breitling, Rolex etc. If there isn't a very clear difference between these brands and CW then I really would scratch my head. I'm hankering after a Longines conquest with the ceramic bezel but I do ask why; what am I getting in this watch that I wouldn't get from a CW? If the answer is not much then I would rather wait and see what comes out of the CW stables later this year.
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

It looks like a poor imitation of the excellent Oris Raid 2010 Chrono. I concur that Doxa ought to stick to what they know best.