It wasn't love at first sight...but...

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
sibex
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

It wasn't love at first sight...but...

Post by sibex »

So I'm just wondering whether anyone else has experienced this and if so, which piece?

I've started looking for a second CWL to save up for and was all set on a C20. However, I then started looking more closely at the C60 GMT...
Now though, the C11, which I never even gave a second glance at, suddenly is my must-have. I didn't exactly hate it at first but it just never appealed to me.
Not sure what's happened to make me change my mind but its suddenly stunning looking!

I think I'm spending too long browsing CWL website.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: It wasn't love at first sight...but...

Post by Kip »

Perhaps a long and slow growing appreciation for the dial simplicity and the crystal clarity. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Been wearing my C60 GMT for the past couple of days, and I have say it is a lovely watch, and it has been transformed by the addition of the new bracelet. It is very comfortable, very legible and it looks pretty classy (at least it does to me).
Richard
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

I know the feeling sibex, one day something looks fantastic the next you wonder what you saw in it and vice versa. Why do you wear a certain watch one day and something else another? It's all down to how your feeling at a particular time. You only have to look at the number of flips people make to see how tastes can change. Though some are keepers......
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

While I can't provide a personal account, I would definitely trust your (second) instinct on the C11. It looks to be a great watch, and the people here who have gone with it seem to be almost universally happy with the decision. The downside of buying off the CWL web site is that you don't really get a true sense of how stunning some of these watches can be. The upside of that same coin is that you stand the chance of being awesomely surprised like I was with my C70US.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
dnr4me
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by dnr4me »

I am waiting on a C11, should be here tomorrow. I am only worried it will be to large but otherwise I am really excited about this watch. My second choice would be a c60 gmt. I will post Pics when it arrives, though there are very good ones on here already.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

sibex wrote:So I'm just wondering whether anyone else has experienced this and if so, which piece?

I've started looking for a second CWL to save up for and was all set on a C20. However, I then started looking more closely at the C60 GMT...
Now though, the C11, which I never even gave a second glance at, suddenly is my must-have. I didn't exactly hate it at first but it just never appealed to me.
Not sure what's happened to make me change my mind but its suddenly stunning looking!

The C60 GMT is super tops with its ETA 2893. That is the one I'm considering buying next over the rest.
Tuzzaboy
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 7

Post by Tuzzaboy »

:lol: just buy them all
Tuzzaboy
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 7

Post by Tuzzaboy »

I am good at spending other peoples money, I have to be I don't have enouth of my own
amagawd
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by amagawd »

sibex wrote:So I'm just wondering whether anyone else has experienced this and if so, which piece?

I'm exactly the same. I started the day dead set on purchasing the C50... 12 hours later and it is now the C70 COSC with C15, C11, C60 & C9 in-between. Ridiculous.
Tom
Mezzame
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Mezzame »

Buy a Trident and you'll be able to shop for additional CWLs with their signature timepiece (IMO) on your wrist. Order with bracelet and change it if you like afterwards.

See here and tell me I'm wrong. :)

C60 Trident GMT-SKS
C70 RAF Ad Astra
C60 Auto SKK
Seiko Diver
Pathfinder
dwhs
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by dwhs »

I've got the c60 and I love it; I'm sure I'll still love it in 50years time. I think the c11 looks cool...but will it be cool in 10years time?
JonRB
Junior
Junior
LE-foura: yes

Post by JonRB »

dwhs wrote:I've got the c60 and I love it; I'm sure I'll still love it in 50years time. I think the c11 looks cool...but will it be cool in 10years time?
Couldn't agree more - the only thing stopping me buying a stock C60 is my vain hope that enough of you will cancel your FLE orders so I get one via the waiting list :thumbup:
Jon

It's about time...
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

If the red one doesn't turn out like we all hope, then I reckon there could be LOADS of them about for sale! Personally, I still (at this moment) prefer the C60 in copper but that one's an expensive bugger! Anyway, I really wanted an FLE and have confirmed my order so you ain't getting mine! :lol:
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
ChrisMc
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by ChrisMc »

My C11 Chrono will be here tomorrow, can't wait :D

The Trident looks very substantial, but it's the hands I just can't get to like, they're just a bit ornate to be honest.
Now if it had hands like a Planet Ocean.........might just be tempted. That begs the question, could the C11 hands be fitted to a Trident ??
TAG S/EL Link
C11 Chrono
Maurice Lacroix Reveill
Boccia Titanium Chrono