Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: New sales-corner rule

Post by scooter »

Crank it up to 250 a la TZ.

That would wipe a few smug smiles off some faces.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
badmedia
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 7

Post by badmedia »

Almost first time poster, I agree its irritating to get to 30 posts but if as I assume there have been real cases of scamming/spammers then its small price to pay. Just need to join in on the forum.
BM
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

I don't know what all the fuss is about, I was a memeber for nearly a year before starting to post "seriously" last January. I am now nearly an "Expert" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I know I must be alright because people wanted to see my watches (which are nothing very special IMO), have answered my posts even though they are often pretty ignorant (my posts not the replies!!) and I have been ribbed and congratulated in equal measure.

Ask a question, post an opinion, you'll soon be building up a reasonable post count and we might even get some intelligent chat for a change :lol:
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

One of the problems of massively increasing the threshold is that you end up punishing the majority of newbies who are reaching the 30 within the spirit of the forum rules. If a very few speed posters are an issue the moderators can send them a quiet PM and delete the offending posts.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by androo »

I think that anyone that has not posted in say 6 months should be barred and have to reapply that way people have to keep posting rather than getting to 30 and stopping cos tghey can now see the SC. Also just had a look and it is page 37 before you get to where people have made a minimum of 1 post. Think that they should be cleared so new people can use the user names if they so wish.

Also all regular users should pay a subscription of say £10 so we can pay for the medical care the speed posters will need when they develop RSI having posted nothing for 2 years then having to make a full 30 in quick sucession
SperlingPE
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by SperlingPE »

not a fan of having 30 posts to view
understand the intent
was there any way to set it up to have 30 posts to be able to post
I suppose this probably doesn't stop the scammers responding to posts off board
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Maybe it is time for the mods to lock this thread as it appears to be going round in circles. The decision has been made, the rule is set. Let's move on.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

I find the thread interesting... I was well beyond 30 anyway but some thoughts
1) I do not see much reason to restrict buyers based on post on a watch forum. If I decide to sell 1 of my CWs then I want as many potential buyers as possible. I do not ship a watch to anyone until funds received.
2) If there are known scammers, I would vote for blocking them permanently from selling, buying, posting etc.
3) Do all these less than 30 posters really have a CW to sell? If so, I would really like to know what they have. :D

but in general I am enjoying all the new posts.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

nathanclarinet wrote:Maybe it is time for the mods to lock this thread as it appears to be going round in circles. The decision has been made, the rule is set. Let's move on.
Why this thread more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
MIKE333
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 8

Post by MIKE333 »

I visit this site every day but am one of the slow posters.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Your almost there Mike. :D

If the SC here was like TZ-Uk where a post one day can be three pages down the next day I could see the anguish (even though 2 different ways to still see the SC have been described). But there are not that many posts on SC here.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

I know. One month's banishment for anyone with over 1000 posts..................................Wait a minute..... :oops:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
ogredave
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by ogredave »

Welp, this is my first post. Personally I prefer to read (lurk) more than post .. I feel like the post limit would encourage more meaningless posts. I understand the purpose of the rule, but I think there are better ways to implement it. Viewing should be fine, just prevent new posts by people with less than X posts. We have the same over at DIY Mobile Audio. Contributors (those who have donated) are exempt from posting limitation.

My C40 is on it's way to the states. Just bought it (thanks Wera, Declan) last week.
bamagrad03
Junior
Junior

Post by bamagrad03 »

I'm not in HUGE favor of the rule, as I'm also one of those lurkers.

Though 30 isn't that bad. I just wish those of us who signed up before the rule was implemented could be grandfathered in. :)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The reasons for the rule have been documented. I think the continued proliferation of this topic, here and in other threads will only encourage more speed posting.

If the subject is left alone the rule will have its proper effect and all who will/do use the Sales Corner will benefit in the long run.

The Team does not wish to have a lot of rules and wants the forum to remain as open as possible. This decision was not made lightly. The recent and/or continued mockery of the rule will only serve to make things even more difficult if it continues.

If you think it is tough for you, you should see my inbox the past few days! :(

This is the adjustment period and the reality is that the complaints are very few.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.