New sales-corner rule

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
badmedia
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 7

Re: New sales-corner rule

Post by badmedia »

Is the sales corner online as I can't see it the forum options..........maybe I'm being slow just getting hang of PC
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

badmedia wrote:Is the sales corner online as I can't see it the forum options..........maybe I'm being slow just getting hang of PC
Newbie homework.....10 pages assigned reading starts here.

When assignment completed, please report to the treatment room. :laserschwert:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Suncoast
CW-watches: 0

Post by Suncoast »

But I see the sign out and come back in loop hole has been closed :( Now I can't even drool over a possible purchase.....oh well 20 more posts to go.....
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Suncoast wrote:But I see the sign out and come back in loop hole has been closed :( Now I can't even drool over a possible purchase.....oh well 20 more posts to go.....
Rooster
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Rooster »

Ha, i've been watching the forum for nearly a year, read it daily (so my wife says), am about to own my second FLE, have bought a watch on sc and I think I only have about a dozen posts. Oh well, looks like my uninformed comments may get published a little more regularly. I enjoy looking at sc, think it is a great facility and totally understand the reason for the post requirement so I'll be trying to get to 30. Glad Hans didn't make it 250!
badmedia
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 7

Post by badmedia »

OK sorry guys I posted a query about location of SC now I see I need 30 posts to qualify...boo hoo
JonRB
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by JonRB »

Like several of the other newbie's who have commented, this did irritate me slightly at first, mainly because having been away for a while I somehow missed the explanation in this thread. It seems those who prefer to enjoy reading others' posts are being penalised "in case" somebody gets scammed somehow.

I can (sort of) see the point, and if these are the forum rules, and we want to stay a part of the forum, we will just have to get used to them, and do our bit to contribute.

BTW, who is judging what counts as a short & sweet pleasant comment, and what is a speed post?!
Jon

It's about time...
Ian Hammond
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Ian Hammond »

OK, here we go….

I spotted a watch that I was tempting me in the “For Sale” forum about 10 days ago, but as I was going on holiday the following day…. I didn’t do anything about it……on my return to the UK (yesterday) the first thing I did was to fire up the old inter-web machine and……Whoops, I need more posts because I am a reader not a poster.
I tend to lurk and not post & so I have a dilemma.....do I now just make a series of speed posts just to get my total above 30, or do I try and join in and make a serious contribution, which will take a couple of weeks & I wonder if the watch will still be there or will it have sold in the meantime?

Post count now up by 1 :)

Ian.
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre.There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Ian Hammond wrote:OK, here we go….

I spotted a watch that I was tempting me in the “For Sale” forum about 10 days ago, but as I was going on holiday the following day…. I didn’t do anything about it……on my return to the UK (yesterday) the first thing I did was to fire up the old inter-web machine and……Whoops, I need more posts because I am a reader not a poster.
I tend to lurk and not post & so I have a dilemma.....do I now just make a series of speed posts just to get my total above 30, or do I try and join in and make a serious contribution, which will take a couple of weeks & I wonder if the watch will still be there or will it have sold in the meantime?

Ian.
Whatever you do it needs to be a lot more subtle than GwC67. 17 hello's inside an half an hour tends to get you noticed as a SPEEDPOSTER! :lol:
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

Ian Hammond wrote:OK, here we go….

Ian.
A belated welcome... I see you have 1 CW.. what is it?
Ian Hammond
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Ian Hammond »

I am trying to be a little bit subtle here….1 post here and a couple of “hellos” so far this afternoon… :oops:
PS.

Thanks to JAG & Tyke for the PM’s…It seems that I am too late…!! The watch in question has sold…a real life case of he who hesitates is disappointed… :(

Julywest...Thanks for the belated welcome....I have been a member since 2010, just not a prolific poster.....I have a C4 Peregrine on a bracelet...it takes pride of place in a collection of 10 modestly priced watches.
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre.There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
amagawd
Junior
Junior

Post by amagawd »

Annoying!

I've just -today- signed up to the Christopher Ward forum with intentions of buying my 1st 'luxury' watch this month (comprehensive post with options to follow) - guess I'll have to make 29 more posts!
Tom
sadgit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by sadgit »

I must say this Topic is growing nicely, thanks in part to people like me with a low post count :lol:
CW owned to date, C9 Jumping Hand Mk2 (now here-WOW) C900 (my new love) 2011 FLE (my old love) C60 trident x2 (Black & Orange) C50 COSC (eve out) C3 Chrono (now sons) Victoria Deco (better half)
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

It's difficult finding the time to post these days, once I have waded though all of the boll**ks that has been posted. :twisted:
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

alphajet wrote:It's difficult finding the time to post these days, once I have waded though all of the boll**ks that has been posted. :twisted:
I always look at the unread posts to see what has been going on but the last few days it has been awful with loads of silly little posts. :( I hope things settle down when they all get to 30. :roll:
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin