New sales-corner rule

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: New sales-corner rule

Post by julywest »

I have not read this forum. Just getting it off my radar. Think I got the a30 post rule and am ambivalent. But you mean there's a chance we have more opportunities to buy CW watches? :D
Seems thing we should be more concerned about are NN flippers. I only joined last year but you can bet I am a serious follower. One NN sale and it was clear there are flippers at work. [*]
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Im surprised that this is still going on.... Hans made a decision - simple. Love it or do one!
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

mabotham wrote:Im surprised that this is still going on.... Hans made a decision - simple. Love it or do one!
As long as people have post counts to increase this'll run and run :lol:
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
markrlondon
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by markrlondon »

Should've set it to 250 as on TZ-UK. ;-)
MarkR
JonD
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by JonD »

Dam, looks like I'll have to get posting. I'm nit much of a poster on here as I'm certainly no watch expert
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

JonD wrote:Dam, looks like I'll have to get posting. I'm nit much of a poster on here as I'm certainly no watch expert
You don't have to be a watch expert to have an opinion. :lol: I am not and have just noticed I have gone over the 4000 post mark. :shock:
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

JonD wrote: I'm certainly no watch expert

Very few of those on here....lots of opinions though :lol:
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

Blimey watch expert! Look a me, I know less about watches than Chester (our dog - one of anyway) and can only just tell the time on a "proper" watch but I've still managed to post several dozen times on here. :silent:
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
kardnal
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by kardnal »

JAG wrote:I notice the speed posting has began to achieve 30 posts people asking stupid questions diging up threads that are so dead they have decomposed and making a mockery of this new rule that has only just been brought in "BAN THEM" :evil:

TZ are looking for members Whats SC limit over there
poppydoodlesdad wrote:See what's happening now? It's now not acceptable to build up post quickly or in a frivolous way! You have to be here for a while and demonstrate your serious intensions.
I've no real objections to the 30 post rule but where next - 50, 100, 250, 500 etc? Or will you have to have been a member for a year or two? Will have to post about "serious" watch based issue?
The point is NONE of the above gives you a track record as a BUYER or SELLER. There are many regular posters who I am sure are entirely trustworthy but until you buy something from them you won't know that and no amount of posts will really tell you.
Just an opinion........

Sent from my GuyPhone using Tapatalk
While well intended, I suspect the rule will work as other 'inconveniences' set up to disuade spammers (registration, captchas, having the first 5 posts approved by a moderator) etc. It'll weed out some, but not all, of the intended targets.

In the process, we'll see a sort of 'inflation' on what it means to be a suspicious seller. Before it was 1-5 posts, but now a 31 post seller or buyer will seem sketchy. Meanwhile, a quantitative rule has already given rise to qualitative judgement about someone's first 30 posts. (Leading to an obviously subjective and somewhat absurd debate about what should count towards those 30 posts.)

At the end of the day, there's is no perfect system for protecting people on the internet from those who will try to take advantage of other's trust.
cbg0

Post by cbg0 »

I agree with the fact that this just forces people to make low quality posts in an effort to bump up their post count sufficiently. Would-be spammers will still however be deterred if they have to make a new account and 50 posts.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

cbg0 wrote:I agree with the fact that this just forces people to make low quality posts in an effort to bump up their post count sufficiently. Would-be spammers will still however be deterred if they have to make a new account and 50 posts.
I don't need anyone forcing me to make low quality posts. I do it all on my own. :D

Jeez, I just realized I might break 1000 today. :clap: :thumbup: :clap:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Laser Sag
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Laser Sag »

Mr Rick wrote: I don't need anyone forcing me to make low quality posts. I do it all on my own. :D
Its good to see you don't take yourself too seriously Mr Rick :)
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

Mr Rick wrote:
cbg0 wrote:I agree with the fact that this just forces people to make low quality posts in an effort to bump up their post count sufficiently. Would-be spammers will still however be deterred if they have to make a new account and 50 posts.
I don't need anyone forcing me to make low quality posts. I do it all on my own. :D

Oh no you wont. :)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Mr Rick wrote:

When you get closer, I'll delete some of those low quality ones for you.
:lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Kip wrote:
Mr Rick wrote:

When you get closer, I'll delete some of those low quality ones for you.
:lol:
Thanks. :crazy:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator