New sales-corner rule

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

New sales-corner rule

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

Loddonite wrote:Is it over yet?

Hang on let me see......................all quiet currently, let's see what happens when the pubs shut......

Sent from my GuyPhone using Tapatalk
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

New sales-corner rule

Hang on let me see......................all quiet currently, let's see what happens when the pubs shut......

"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

New sales-corner rule

Eeek! Dunno what happened there! Wasn't trying to get two posts for the price of one, honest!!!!

Some watches
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: New sales-corner rule

Post by Loddonite »

downer wrote:

Sent from my Brickphone using ****.
Which version of **** are you using? Does it circumvent the 30 post rule?
It's the Beta Gamma version - circumvents, circumnavigates and circumeverythings - so be careful!

Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
PaulW42
Junior
Junior

Post by PaulW42 »

Ooh - Am I a speed poster? How exciting. Criticised for not posting enough and criticised for posting too much. What fun.

Been around here for ages and tried to steer clear of the controversial debates. Now I know why. I merely expressed my feelings yesterday. It wasn't a criticism of the decision just a comment on the effect it had on me. I even implied it was irrational.

Just popped out of the pub. Think I'll nip back. :)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

PaulW42 wrote:Ooh - Am I a speed poster? How exciting. Criticised for not posting enough and criticised for posting too much. What fun.

Been around here for ages and tried to steer clear of the controversial debates. Now I know why. I merely expressed my feelings yesterday. It wasn't a criticism of the decision just a comment on the effect it had on me. I even implied it was irrational.

Just popped out of the pub. Think I'll nip back. :)
You are currently averaging over 1 post per month..beware..we are watching you. :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Flipping heck.

This thread is beginning to do my head in.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
PaulW42
Junior
Junior

Post by PaulW42 »

You are currently averaging over 1 post per month..beware..we are watching you. :lol:
I'll take care. :D :D :D :D :D
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

'kin hell! This one got lively :lol:
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

Always the bloody same! Some people join purely to sell watches and everyone suffers. Stuff the post count necessity to see the forums then PM's are available to buyers if they desire to buy, but anyone who just posts in the SC gets banned, regardless of post count. If 100%of your posts are in SC or your first posts are in SC, just ban them outright.

No warning, no second chance.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

Hard line there X-man. EF 'em, ef' em all!
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by androo »

xtriple wrote:Always the bloody same! Some people join purely to sell watches and everyone suffers. Stuff the post count necessity to see the forums then PM's are available to buyers if they desire to buy, but anyone who just posts in the SC gets banned, regardless of post count. If 100%of your posts are in SC or your first posts are in SC, just ban them outright.

No warning, no second chance.
Hard but I agree.

Just had a thought. Who's birthday is next? They are going to be the most popular forum happy birthday wishing thread ever
dwhs
Junior
Junior

Post by dwhs »

Expect a small surge from me. I considered launching a jihad to overturn the rule of unjustness... but then figured the easiest thing to do was to go with the flow! My main reason for lurking is that I find typing on my phone somewhat irksome. Nevertheless, my genuine "chap" credentials mean that I shall endeavour to maintain the quality of my posts.

Ps. For anyone reviewing my posts in the future, my tongue is often so far in my cheek that I end up chewing it!
Leo David
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Leo David »

I've been too busy at work working stupid hours to log into the forum this week so I thought i'd have a relaxing cafetiere of coffee and a quick 30 mins on here before doing the usual Saturday morning chores. Noticed Hans' perfectly sensible measure that will dissuade some opportunistic types from using the forum for the purpose of selling watches and goodness me what ensued is a lot of fuss over nothing. Not so long ago I too was a newcomer to the forum. I didn't even know that it contained a sales corner and I certainly didn't join to buy and sell watches. I made sure that I participated in the forum before even considering buying a watch from someone I had never seen or spoken to. Our primary reason for being on here is to get involved and contribute to the forum. If, however, your primary reason for being on here is to buy and sell then you're probably in the wrong place. If on the other hand your reason for being here is to contribute you won't be offended by the new rule,
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Leo David wrote:I've been too busy at work working stupid hours to log into the forum this week so I thought i'd have a relaxing cafetiere of coffee and a quick 30 mins on here before doing the usual Saturday morning chores. Noticed Hans' perfectly sensible measure that will dissuade some opportunistic types from using the forum for the purpose of selling watches and goodness me what ensued is a lot of fuss over nothing. Not so long ago I too was a newcomer to the forum. I didn't even know that it contained a sales corner and I certainly didn't join to buy and sell watches. I made sure that I participated in the forum before even considering buying a watch from someone I had never seen or spoken to. Our primary reason for being on here is to get involved and contribute to the forum. If, however, your primary reason for being on here is to buy and sell then you're probably in the wrong place. If on the other hand your reason for being here is to contribute you won't be offended by the new rule,
Very well put.

I may have been in a slightly bad mood last night (health again!) but I do honestly feel that anyone who never posts or post purely in the SC should be banned from the site outright. I know some people are not as "gobby" as me, but to never post anything other than PM's to members with regards to buying watches cheaper than bloody eBay, is just not on old chap.

All these members that have never been heard from before who are now speeding their way to 30+ posts purely to re-gain access to SC should be banned straight away. Sorry, but that's the way I feel. If they want to prove me wrong by sticking around and posting some more, then please, feel free.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.