New sales-corner rule

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tuzzaboy
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 7

Re: New sales-corner rule

Post by Tuzzaboy »

I understand the reasons why but after 2 years as a member I have never posted, I just like to read other posts and buy CW watches. I have some catching up to do, one down 27 to go
trsleigh
CW-watches: 4

Post by trsleigh »

What's speed posting?
trsleigh

Post by trsleigh »

I think it's a diabolical plot to get us normal people to buy more brand new CWs. :)
trsleigh

Post by trsleigh »

Trouble is, some of us just aren't very chatty. :(
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Tuzzaboy wrote:I understand the reasons why but after 2 years as a member I have never posted, I just like to read other posts and buy CW watches. I have some catching up to do, one down 27 to go

Looks like you've managed it but don't be surprised if doing this gets the posting limit raised significantly. 30 posts over a long period isn't much to ask for & if people are that interested in the forum posts then the occasional comment on a thread wouldn't go amiss, as another option is for the administrators to clear out accounts that haven't posted for some considerable time....
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by androo »

At the end of the day if someone offers and pays for a watch I don't really care how many posts they have, but and it is a big but, so BUT I will not buy from a speedposter who then gets to the 30 mark and offeres a bargin watch. There are people I will not hesitate to buy from , and have, not because of the amount of posts but the depth of the posts. You know they love their watches, look after them and actually own them. It is easy to nick a pic of the web offer a great price then take the money and run. You have to trust first.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

androo wrote:At the end of the day if someone offers and pays for a watch I don't really care how many posts they have, but and it is a big but, so BUT I will not buy from a speedposter who then gets to the 30 mark and offeres a bargin watch. There are people I will not hesitate to buy from , and have, not because of the amount of posts but the depth of the posts. You know they love their watches, look after them and actually own them. It is easy to nick a pic of the web offer a great price then take the money and run. You have to trust first.

+1 for this.

It does look like the forum will now have a lot of 30 speedpost lurkers who then do nothing to contribute to the general life of the forum but are just hanging around to grab watches as they come up. Amazing how many there are starting to crawl out of the woodwork! :shock:
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Hans is a whizz with the old computer software.....he could probably whip up a 'special virus' 8)
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

In general, I think things will settle down once the newness of the situation wears off.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

New sales-corner rule

Post by ianblyth »

Post a pic of your watch in the CWL or non CWL watch of the day and you will have the requisite numbers in a month without having to be chatty and without hacking people off.

And if you all have been reading the forum as claimed then you will know we all write rubbish every now and then. Surely not too difficult to jump on with your own rubbish.

It will be interesting to see if the people who are posting now to get up to 30 continue posting or go back to lurking.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

I had no problem with the 'no post' rule and also have no problem with the '30 post' rule. As I have always said it is Hans' Forum and we must play by his rules.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

It always amazes me what happens while I'm asleep. :D As has been said up thread by merely greeting news members and joining in a few conversations you'll reach the threshold in no time; it's a very low threshold to achieve. It's a free forum after all and it thrives on conversation; it's a better forum when everybody takes part and quite frankly it's a rewarding experience to have a chat with like minded people.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
d76
CW-watches: 3

Post by d76 »

I think speed posting will be inevitable. Many people, like me love watches and enjoy reading the forum but may not have a great deal to say. I did enjoy looking at the sales and was happy to use it to sell my C8 Mk1 to someone who really appreciated the watch. Whilst I understand that there has to be a certain amount of trust between a buyer and seller and many people get lots out of being active members of the forum it is wrong to give the impression that people with a low post count or 'speedposters' as untrustworthy. As a new and infrequent poster a few of the comments have felt a tad unwelcoming if I'm honest..
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

New sales-corner rule

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

See what's happening now? It's now not acceptable to build up post quickly or in a frivolous way! You have to be here for a while and demonstrate your serious intensions.
I've no real objections to the 30 post rule but where next - 50, 100, 250, 500 etc? Or will you have to have been a member for a year or two? Will have to post about "serious" watch based issue?
The point is NONE of the above gives you a track record as a BUYER or SELLER. There are many regular posters who I am sure are entirely trustworthy but until you buy something from them you won't know that and no amount of posts will really tell you.
Just an opinion........

Sent from my GuyPhone using Tapatalk
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

d76 wrote:I think speed posting will be inevitable. Many people, like me love watches and enjoy reading the forum but may not have a great deal to say. I did enjoy looking at the sales and was happy to use it to sell my C8 Mk1 to someone who really appreciated the watch. Whilst I understand that there has to be a certain amount of trust between a buyer and seller and many people get lots out of being active members of the forum it is wrong to give the impression that people with a low post count or 'speedposters' as untrustworthy. As a new and infrequent poster a few of the comments have felt a tad unwelcoming if I'm honest..
Posted with a smile. :D :lol: :wave:

Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator