Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Watch Crazy Today!

Post by Peteo »

I've done a lot watch swapping today.

I woke up this morning with my Steinhart Nav Chrono still on my wrist.
Around 10:00, I switched to my Seiko 5, which I haven't worn in almost a month and moped around my apartment.
Around 14:00, I switched to my C60 Kingfisher, and went to the grocery store.
Around 17:00, I switched to my C9 FLE, made myself a pork chop dinner and watched some ice hockey.
Around 20:30, I switched to my Magrette Bronze and am contemplating what to have for dessert.
I might put my Steinhart Nav Chrono back on my wrist to wrap up the day. Or I might not.

Which makes me wonder, how many watches have you managed to get onto your wrist(s) in one day?
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Watch Crazy Today!

Post by julywest »

You win!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I most frequently will wear 2 different watches in a day and a couple of times have worn 3 different ones.......

....but 5 with 6 changes! I may have to adjust your meds. :lol:

Well done!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Mezzame
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Mezzame »

Just 1 for now - but a fella can dream...

6 in a day is impressive.
C60 Trident GMT-SKS
C70 RAF Ad Astra
C60 Auto SKK
Seiko Diver
Pathfinder
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Kip wrote:I most frequently will wear 2 different watches in a day and a couple of times have worn 3 different ones.......

....but 5 with 6 changes! I may have to adjust your meds. :lol:

Well done!
Thanks! :lol:

You clearly need to wear more in a day. You have many many more to get through than I do.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Two for me as well, one in the day and one in the evening.
But as my collection grows it's getting harder to make the decision in the morning! :problem: How do you guys do it? Strict rotation? Co-ordination with clothes (or is that just girls?) Gut feeling?
For work Monday through Thursday it's usually something small and discreet - if I'm staying on for a function (concert, play, parents' evening) it'll be a smart one. A few months ago someone mentioned a watch verion of dress-down Friday, and I now have Fun-Watch Friday (Monster, C8 or DBR1)
Evenings and weekends my choices appear to be totally random! :D
It's just going to get more and more difficult! :shock:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
RustyinRochester
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by RustyinRochester »

You must have a lot of arms... 8)
"In comic strips, the person on the left always speaks first."
-George Carlin
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

I'm on my fourth of the day... so far. Stared out with the SMP and the Timex, changed to the Tissot (still don't like it) so changed to the Speedy.

Don't think it's going to be the last of the day either...
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Bonny
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Bonny »

Six in a day is pretty impressive. Well done!
I quite regularly wear two, one to work and something different when I get home, sometimes more on the weekend.

Only up to two so far today, Omega SMP mid first thing and now my Forum LE Red12, but will definitely be wearing something else later to go out...

Keep up the good work!
C4SRS C3SWK C2LE No.24 C7STT C15RKK C5AKK C3GWTR C40SKK C70GB C600IPB C600IPY C60-GMT-SKKO C70FR C5RWT C9-CHR C8SWK C11 Auto C60 Jag C7 MkII BRG C90
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Only time I wear that many watches in a day is if I am doing a photo session. :lol:
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:But as my collection grows it's getting harder to make the decision in the morning! How do you guys do it? Strict rotation? Co-ordination with clothes (or is that just girls?) Gut feeling?
Just pick something I fancy to wear today that I haven't worn too recently. No rotation which is why sometimes I sell watches like new as they don't seem to get worn. Also depends on whether I am working or not. Smarter watches at work and more casual beaters at home.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I usually wear about 3 day with no rhyme nor reason to the selection process...
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

I maintain a strict rotation. I have each watch listed on my iGoogle calendar. Updated whenever a new watch arrives. 8)
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

That's very disciplined of you, Rick! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Mr Rick wrote:I maintain a strict rotation. I have each watch listed on my iGoogle calendar. Updated whenever a new watch arrives. 8)
I did that for a while. Didn't enjoy it though as there were days when I wanted to wear what wasn't next on the list. So I forgot the list and wore/wear what I like. So now some get left out altogether :thumbdown:

Still stuck on four for the day. Speedy and (repaired again) Timex. Really like this silly old watch 8)
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

xtriple wrote:
Mr Rick wrote:I maintain a strict rotation. I have each watch listed on my iGoogle calendar. Updated whenever a new watch arrives. 8)
I did that for a while. Didn't enjoy it though as there were days when I wanted to wear what wasn't next on the list. So I forgot the list and wore/wear what I like. So now some get left out altogether :thumbdown:

Still stuck on four for the day. Speedy and (repaired again) Timex. Really like this silly old watch 8)

+1.... currently the C9 and C3 are in fashion and the C60 hasnt been on for 2 weeks but now I've mentioned that it loks like being lined up for tomorrow. As for today, PVD Luminor until lunchtime, currently the C9FLE...
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue