Oh what fun...

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Oh what fun...

Post by xtriple »

it is to be back in the hunt!

Sold two watches (and have a bit hidden away from herself) so been browsing the various watch fora and of course, the dreaded bay of E! So far I've made two offers on watches and bid on five others! Argh! If I win the lot I'm going to be in deep doo-doo's... again :oops:

Oh well, I've just missed out on a lovely Breitling Superocean as someone else has sent a deposit this very evening - if only I was faster on the draw :problem:

Never mind. In the words of Tigger: "Fun,fun, fun -fun FUN!"

Anybody sticking owt on the SC's in a minute I may drool over?
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Oh what fun...

Post by Dancematt »

I have sold two this year so far aswell and feel all the better for it (although i kept the omega back after i cleaned all the scratches off it this time), i would like to fund a home build (case/movements off ebay etc) or put it towards a nomos orion/ breity Aerospace)....have a few more to sell (possibly including my c20 with original bracelet) so keep your eyes peeled ;)

What models have we been bidding on XT?....sounds like alot to me!
I miss all the great things that may never be.
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jmarchitect »

Uh oh! Don't go getting carried away now Xt. I thought you were aiming to reduce and stabilise rather than reduce and replace!
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

What have I been bidding on? A couple of B'lings, a Rotary "Chavitimer" (I know they are rubbish but it's a white faced jobby and looks cool), a Waltham and a Favre Leubre(sp?). Really like the oldies and they are pretty cheap. Oh, also bid on a Breitling "Toptime" from the 60's, utterly gorgeous.

Selling two watches "feels" like reducing. I never ever wore them and so they just took up space in the box, whatever I get in the future has to be a "wearer".
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Hope u get the breitlings, be good for the wallet to concerntrate on one brand esp when it comes to vintage. The top timer would be a great buy - a classic that'll never loose value. Rotary....not so much, can't see that getting much wear (talking from personal experience)
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

xtriple wrote:..a Favre Leubre(sp?).
Favre-Leuba
I really like mine, it's a cool little watch with the "Twinpower" movement, goes well though I think the dial is an Indian restoration, and it needs a spacer, I think - dial and movement wobble about a bit when winding and setting.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
xtriple wrote:..a Favre Leubre(sp?).
Favre-Leuba
I really like mine, it's a cool little watch with the "Twinpower" movement, goes well though I think the dial is an Indian restoration, and it needs a spacer, I think - dial and movement wobble about a bit when winding and setting.
Pretty sure the bloke has made an error in the listing as it says it's a quartz, and I thought they were autos? Hope I'm right as it's cheapat the mo' and I want it to stay that way!
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Post the eBay link, I'll have a look.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Bought a Breitling SuperOcean from Watchfinders in the end. Was very interested in a Colt 11 but the pictures, from a private seller, looked just like they'd been pinched from a professional site and it made me uneasy. So I gave it a miss.
Also I asked them a question regarding the bracelet and they never answered, another red flag...

Also, watchfinders seem to be getting a bit more "realistic" in their pricing. The SuperOcean was a grand (not bad for a dealer) when I've seen others in dealers for £1400, and I made a cheeky bid of £800 and it was accepted :shock: I hate it when that happens... should have offered less!

So if there's anything on Watchfinders site you fancy at the moment, give them a cheeky bid, it may well work.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

xtriple wrote:Bought a Breitling SuperOcean from Watchfinders in the end. .
Tut tut [-X :lol:

Who's a naughty boy then

(i'm not a Breitbling fan myself but sounds like a good deal...)
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

A classic Breitling. The price is great if with box and papers. Without them it is an OK price. But you can get the box and some of the papers (not the warranty) from Breitling UK.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin