C9 auto timekeeping.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
AndyKH
Senior
Senior

C9 auto timekeeping.

Post by AndyKH »

Hi everyone. Just wondering what's considered a good time keeping tolerance for the C9 auto? I seem to be out by about 20 seconds over the course of a week.
Currently proud owner of a 'Pepsi' seiko divers, a C9 (for sale in the sales corner) A C60 GMT with orange bezel, with Bracelet, black and orange and the latest orange straps and my late grandfathers citizen chrono.

More to come..........
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: C9 auto timekeeping.

Post by downer »

AndyKH wrote:Hi everyone. Just wondering what's considered a good time keeping tolerance for the C9 auto? I seem to be out by about 20 seconds over the course of a week.
So, around 3 seconds per day...

That's excellent for any automatic watch - at any price. :)
Richard
AndyKH
Senior
Senior

Post by AndyKH »

Well that's okay then! This is my first auto. I didn't care even of it was bad, I love the damn thing too much.
Currently proud owner of a 'Pepsi' seiko divers, a C9 (for sale in the sales corner) A C60 GMT with orange bezel, with Bracelet, black and orange and the latest orange straps and my late grandfathers citizen chrono.

More to come..........
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

AndyKH wrote:Well that's okay then! This is my first auto. I didn't care even of it was bad, I love the damn thing too much.
You sound like a happy man.

All you have to do is adjust it by a minute every three weeks or so and you're good to go. :)
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

All mechanical watches should be this accurate. You are in great shape. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

AndyKH wrote:Hi everyone. Just wondering what's considered a good time keeping tolerance for the C9 auto? I seem to be out by about 20 seconds over the course of a week.
Without reading any of the other replies: Your question should be: what's considered a good time keeping tolerance for any auto? 20 seconds over the course of a week is excellent in my opinion. With all autos, you eventually have to reset the time. The question is: How long have I got, and that depends on how fast or slow it is and when you decide it's not OK. You could easily go a month before having to reset. If it's fast by 20 seconds per week, set it back about 40 seconds. That gives two full weeks for it to catch up to exact time and by the end of a month it will be slightly less than one minute fast. That's pretty darn good.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

AndyKH wrote:Well that's okay then! This is my first auto. I didn't care even of it was bad, I love the damn thing too much.
That's exactly how I would feel and anyway, if it were that bad, it can always be adjusted for improvement.

By the way: Welcome to the Auto Club....