A Christopher Ward watch-case

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

What about a Christopher Ward watch-case for your CW-watches?

Definitely whether there is a winder or not
20%
Maybe whether there is a winder or not
24%
Definitely if winder
15%
Maybe if winder
15%
Definitely if no winder
15%
Maybe if no winder
8%
Not interested at all
4%

Total votes: 75

Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: A Christopher Ward watch-case

Post by Russ-Shettle »

SteveO
CW-watches: 2

Post by SteveO »

Thanks Russ. I've been away for a bit so I just read your posts. Thanks :D And now to start reading...

Oh, and since this tread is on CW watch cases, I'm still in favour of one with a winder in it. Would Chris consider consulting you about one Russ :ka: ?

SteveO
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

It would be good to have the case as an option when ordering. Maybe the limited editions could come in a winder case (like Rotary etc) but I suspecvt the cost of a decent winder might be as much as the watch!

The standard box is OK but I'll never use it again, actuallly that could be an option as well, no box,maybe a travel sleeve (like a padded spectacle case) or something similar ?
Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
rygel16th
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by rygel16th »

rcherryuk wrote:
The standard box is OK but I'll never use it again, actuallly that could be an option as well, no box,maybe a travel sleeve (like a padded spectacle case) or something similar ?
Rob
I agree. I save all my watch boxes but they're all in the garage. I've just bought one of Eddie Platt's Precista PRS50's and he now sends his watches out in a Banda two watch travel case. They very well made and actually have a use after the watch is delivered.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

rygel16th wrote:
rcherryuk wrote:
Rob
I agree. I save all my watch boxes but they're all in the garage. I've just bought one of Eddie Platt's Precista PRS50's and he now sends his watches out in a Banda two watch travel case. They very well made and actually have a use after the watch is delivered.

A bit off the subject perhaps, but a travel case for 2 shipped with a watch as opposed to a box. A very interesting and practical idea. Perhaps a choice when you purchase, or for a small upgrade. I kind of like it. The only question is how many travel cases can a man have, which is why I would favor an option.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

You know, the standard CW watch box has a lift out part that holds the watch. I am not just referring to the cushion, but the box inside the box. What if there was a case made that allowed you to plug-in the inner box. You could perhaps buy a 2x4 (2x3, 3x3, 3x4, 4x4) module box that you could put these in. And of course, you could also buy the inner box as well for all of your non-CW watches.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20