Oh botty burps!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Oh botty burps!

Post by xtriple »

Just got out the C13 after speaking so fondly of it on another thread, and the bloody thing has packed up! Do you think the battery can have gone flat after just a couple of months? Seems unlikely to me but I guess it could be an old battery in an old movement?

Does anyone think it worthwhile e-mailing Wera to get her thoughts? Seems strange, not double ticking or anything, not a tic or a tock, nuffing!

Dave.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Re: Oh botty burps!

Post by xtriple »

Just had a reply from Wera and she's sending me out a returns package so I'm sure it'll get sorted soon.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Most likely just the battery. I am sure you shall have it back soon. 8)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

If Saint W. is onto it, I wouldn't worry 8)

Dave, are you now competing for "Daftest Thread Title of 2012"? :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

Should've bought an auto :error:

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

scooter wrote:Should've bought an auto :error:

scooter
Scooter.... now you know that everybody had that same thought in the back of their mind. Shame on you for picking on those poor quarts loving fellows! I never get a chance to say it first! :lol: You don't have a trade-in suggestion for him by any chance, do you?
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

I would have bought an auto but they don't do an automatic C13, just the plain, old, boring C15 which I don't like so much - so "Knackers!" to the lot of you "Quartz haters" :lol:

I thought it was a good title: not swearing or particularly rude yet managed to sum up my feelings precisely!
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

xtriple wrote:I would have bought an auto but they don't do an automatic C13, just the plain, old, boring C15 which I don't like so much - so "Knackers!" to the lot of you "Quartz haters" :lol:

I thought it was a good title: not swearing or particularly rude yet managed to sum up my feelings precisely!
And you did it very well. Now wait a minute! What C13 and what C15? These models don't exist, not yet anyway.
downer

Post by downer »

Russ-Shettle wrote: And you did it very well. Now wait a minute! What C13 and what C15? These models don't exist, not yet anyway.
Have you been asleep for a several years? :lol:

Take a look in the archives. Lots of models have been and gone, including the C15 and C13...
Richard
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Russ-Shettle wrote:...an automatic C13, just the plain, old, boring C15...
He might have meant these particular versions?... :?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

I like CW. Sent the watch back in the supplied package at a total cost to me of... £0! Very next day, received an e-mail from Debs to say it was there and being attended to and will be back next week.

I do hope so as I really fancied wearing it that day.

And (shouldn't start a sentance with "and") you've got to agree, the C13 is a lot lovelier than the C15, just missing an auto movement.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

downer wrote:
Russ-Shettle wrote: And you did it very well. Now wait a minute! What C13 and what C15? These models don't exist, not yet anyway.

Take a look in the archives. Lots of models have been and gone, including the C15 and C13...
You must remember that Russ escaped for awhile. :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

downer wrote:

I swear, I don't remember. That explains it then. Asleep? maybe, gone for a while? yes. I'll have to look around some archival footage. Maybe I'll remember when I see them.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

THE HENLEY!!!!!!!!!!!! OF COURSE I REMEMBER... Why didn't you say Henley instead of C13 and C15. I would never remember it by their model number unless I bought one myself but I certainly remember the Henley watches.

So why did these two phases out? I thought they were well liked and a big seller.
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Post by trsullivan »

The chrono model at least, was out before I even knew it existed. It wasn't on the site that I can remember, and it certainly isn't in the first edition of the magazine, either. If xtriple hadn't shown us that lovely photograph of the the thing, I'd be sitting happy still, instead of the covetous, envious, jealous and thoroughly miserable creature that I've become :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mind you, I DO have a lovely nearly new C3GWT to keep me consoled! :D
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE