Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: whats your 'keeper' watch/watches?

Post by Loddonite »

Perhaps these - I'd have to spend an awful lot more to improve on them.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
watchlover1
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by watchlover1 »

[quote="Loddonite"]Perhaps these - I'd have to spend an awful lot more to improve on them.

That PRS-22 looks very nice, simple dial but I like it. The site says its a 39mm watch, how does it wear on the wrist, is its quite small or fairly bulky?
Citizen,Tag Heuer,Oris,Victorinox Swiss Army,Casio,G-Shock,Fossil, Guess
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Post by trsullivan »

I would have to say that my Gallet Multichron Pilot is my first keeper (I have four in all as of now), mainly because I got it from Dad in trade for a Seiko digital in 1979 or 80. It stayed in my odds and ends box until just a year or so ago, when I had it serviced and cleaned. I really like the dial configuration, and the 38mm size fits me very well.Image
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

All mine are keepers. If I sold any I would regret it.
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

watchlover1 wrote:That PRS-22 looks very nice, simple dial but I like it. The site says its a 39mm watch, how does it wear on the wrist, is its quite small or fairly bulky?
The case is noticeably smaller than a "standard" 42mm diver (good for those with a smaller wrist), but because the bezel is thin it still gives an impression of being a decent size. The case is fairly deep - not too thick, but certainly not thin - perhaps a function of the shielding needed for the relatively high anti-magnetic rating. The bracelet is a winner. Some people dislike the hands; minutes too long/hour too stubby, but I like them.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
watchlover1
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by watchlover1 »

Loddonite wrote:
watchlover1 wrote:That PRS-22 looks very nice, simple dial but I like it. The site says its a 39mm watch, how does it wear on the wrist, is its quite small or fairly bulky?
The case is noticeably smaller than a "standard" 42mm diver (good for those with a smaller wrist), but because the bezel is thin it still gives an impression of being a decent size. The case is fairly deep - not too thick, but certainly not thin - perhaps a function of the shielding needed for the relatively high anti-magnetic rating. The bracelet is a winner. Some people dislike the hands; minutes too long/hour too stubby, but I like them.
I find myself looking, mainly at the smaller (38-40mm) watches due to my skinny (6.5inch) wrists.Sometimes pics dont fully convey the size or lack of it,on a watch. Either way, thumbs up for the PRS-22 :D
Citizen,Tag Heuer,Oris,Victorinox Swiss Army,Casio,G-Shock,Fossil, Guess
christre
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by christre »

My Oris Der Meistertaucher is a deffo keeper for me. I love everything about it and its built like a tank. Mines almost 2 years old and looking good for a titanium watch. Never selling that one :D
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by AdDaMan »

Think my seamaster is a keeper for me.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
footycrazy wrote: Nothing is safe in my box :lol:
Not even the Flagship? :shock:

I never did reply to the above......no it was on my wrist (pheeeew-got out of that one) :lol:
Graham
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

Speedy will leave me via my cold, dead hands and only then reluctantly! Same with the two Seamasters as I just LURVE the shape of the case - lugs in particular. Also, the Breitling will remain as it's Lorns "go to" watch when she fancies a change and while she thinks she owns it, she bloody doesn't :problem:

Also, the Tudor is a keeper, as it's just in such fine shape for its age and it looks lovely.

Sully? Well obviously. It was my Grandfathers watch and I'm wearing it (right wrist) as I type.

I think the Roamer is a keeper, but I have been asked to sell it and I do wobble occasionally...

The rest I'm not sure about. I keep thinking about sticking some of them on TZ (as I've only half heartedly tried to sell the TAG, Tissot and Citizen on here so far) but there's a lot of them and I think I'd be taking the wee-wee! Also, change my mind semi-daily as to whether to or not! There's quite a few Seikos and Citizens to get rid of, a Bulova, a load of quartz semi posh things, Longines, all bloody sorts that I like having in the watch boxes but never wear.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Mrs Xtriple
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mrs Xtriple »

omega definately and citizen chrono with diamonds. I know the brietling is only on loan but i'd be sad if he got rid of it.
Citzen chrono
citizen eco drive
citizen eco drive
breitling superocean colt
omega smp 300 bond