Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: You couldn't make it up...

Post by Loddonite »

I'll swear I saw a picture of a large dog in a small pram on page 1 of this thread - I need to go for a lie-down.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

Loddonite wrote:I'll swear I saw a picture of a large dog in a small pram on page 1 of this thread - I need to go for a lie-down.
He's not a "Large dog" you heathen, he's a 7 month old puppy that just happens to weigh 4 stone! Oh wait... 4 stone... s'pose that does make him sort of "Chunky" :lol:

Here for your delectation...

So you see, you really were not hallucinating! :oops:
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Bit of an update: Lorn has decided that the pram was a baaaad idea! She's absolutely knackered every time she takes him out in it for his 3 1/2 mile push up hill! But, it seems to have done the trick as his limp has buggered off pretty much entirely :clap: . Back to the vets on Monday where I'm sure he'll push for more treatment and x-rays etc. However, little Chesty pesty is once more full of bounce and bingle and the rest of the house (especially the sofas which he bounces off at alarming speed) is suffering from his boredom. Poor old Phoebe's ears are once more full of little toothy marks where PP hangs off her - little bugger!

She actually took him out for a (tiny) walk yesterday and he loved it as he's been cooped up in the house for two weeks.

Funny thing is though; when Lorn takes him up to the top of the stairs and he sees his pram, he tries to get in it! So far from hating it, he loves it - gonna be a nasty shock when he actually has to walk everywhere again :lol:
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Mrs Xtriple
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mrs Xtriple »

Yup, he LOVES pram time! Unfortunately it's all hills round here, uneven pavements that are really narrow, so it's hard work to keep it in a straight line. Just think though, by the time he's allowed to walk again I'll be all toned up ready for a bikini summer!

As to Chester he's definately feeling MUCH better, as the destruction when we came back from the dentists yesterday proved! Not really destroyed anything just emptied the laundry baskets and the bathroom bin. towels off the rails and opened and emptied a couple of wardrobes!
Citzen chrono
citizen eco drive
citizen eco drive
breitling superocean colt
omega smp 300 bond
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Post by trsullivan »

Kip wrote:All I can say is..if this happened in my house it would be considered normal.

As the only male, the girls rule. :problem: I gotta get another cat.
With your luck, the cat would be a girl! :lol:
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Mrs Xtriple wrote:Just think though, by the time he's allowed to walk again I'll be all toned up ready for a bikini summer!
Pics or it didn't happen! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

By SUMMER she said! By then I "may" be allowed to post another picture (the law says "occasionally"). I must admit she does look okay in a bikini and shorts... if you're half blind and desperate.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

xtriple wrote:... if you're half blind and desperate.
Oh God! Oh S@@t! Oh F@@@! Has anyone seen my white stick? :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

trsullivan wrote:
Kip wrote:All I can say is..if this happened in my house it would be considered normal.

As the only male, the girls rule. :problem: I gotta get another cat.
With your luck, the cat would be a girl! :lol:
Considering we only take rescue animals you might be right. Although I have been lucky as our last 3 cats have been male. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Update:

Just had Chester back for his two week check-up and saw a different vet - this was the one that saved Phoebe's life (not being dramatic, it really was touch and go) 18 months ago. Whereas the first vet was young and wanted X-rays and operations and took some "talking too" to get him to treat Chester conventionally, this guy, really manipulated Chesters leg and could tell that he's got a "clicky" joint. When asked about x-rays, he said: "No point, Bassets as a breed have such dreadful joints they look ruined anyway!"

Never once mentioned his weight - didn't try to sell us expensive diet food.

Thought Chester had been very good not excercising for two weeks and to get him on "Light" excercise as a matter of urgency to stop the joint seizing up.

And where it cost us nearly a hundred quid to see the other guy and have jabs and potions, this guy, cost us £16.50. Yes at the same surgery.

All in all, I think we need to be more selective in which vet we see in future!

Oh, and he said that Lorns seven mile daily walks were a "bad idea" for young dogs, so she is suitably chastened.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Well,well, well. What a little bugger he's been. All because he's had his first "proper" walk in a fortnight he's had a right flea up his bum. Poor old Phoebe has been utterly terrorised all day and has yelped a dozen times as he's been hanging off her ears or her neck.

He managed to open the fridge door and nicked the chicken that was tonights dinner.

He chased the cat across the front room, culminating in the two of them skidding across my laptop keyboard, scattering half the keys on the right hand side! Now, half my keyboard is dodgy and the space bar still only works when it wants to.

He's refused to believe that there is nothing under the bookcase for him and he's been laying on his side scratching hell out of it all night.

Then to cap it all off, Lorns just had a bath and he snuck into the bathrtoom, nicked her bra and knickers, chewed them into a soggy mass and removed the bow and the button from the bra.

He really was a most expensive little Christmas pressie. And now he's lying on his side with his head on Lorns shoulder fast asleep like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Blimey! 16.50 for the vet! Next year I'm going to Brixham for vacation and bringing the cats with me. Probably be cheaper for the flight than checkups for all 3 at our vet!
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Lavaine wrote:Blimey! 16.50 for the vet! Next year I'm going to Brixham for vacation and bringing the cats with me. Probably be cheaper for the flight than checkups for all 3 at our vet!
That was just the "follow up" appointment. Still, not bad at all.

Definitely gonna always ask for the vet we saw today in future, he seems like a really nice, caring bloke, who knows his business.

Pets at home? Isn't that the big superstore type place that sells food and toys? There's one in Torquay we go to to buy collars and leads and goodies, but didn't know they did vet stuff?