C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Jimleymurmer
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 22

C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by Jimleymurmer »

The bracelet on the C60 trident is shown in some pics with 2 x high polish sections on the bracelet. The main pic on the web site shows the watch without the high polish sections. If I order one will I get the bracelet with the high polish (that being the one I want) Any help appreciated. Thanks JM
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: C60 trident, metal bracelet. QUESTION

Post by Kip »

The new bracelet (right and bottom) in the photos below does not come across very well on the website photos.

As far as I know, the new bracelet is now shipping with all C60 bracelet orders. An email to Customer service will confirm prior to your order.

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

I have to say; I do like the old bracelet. Not sure I like it better but I do like it and I wish it could be an optional choice rather than it be gone for good. I like the the old bracelet doesn't taper so much if at all. I would buy the the old bracelet for my 700 if I could but I doub't it now.
Jimleymurmer
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimleymurmer »

Thanks for the replies guys. Order placed! I agree the website pics don't do the new strap justice. Generally the web pics could be much improved. A watch looks entirely different on the wrist.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Jimleymurmer wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. Order placed! I agree the website pics don't do the new strap justice. Generally the web pics could be much improved. A watch looks entirely different on the wrist.
That is a major reason why we have a Gallery and a Reference Gallery. A real world photo shows so much more.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

Russ-Shettle wrote:I have to say; I do like the old bracelet. Not sure I like it better but I do like it and I wish it could be an optional choice rather than it be gone for good. I like the the old bracelet doesn't taper so much if at all. I would buy the the old bracelet for my 700 if I could but I doub't it now.
I was in CWL Friday to get some old style braclets. Get 'em before they're gone for good!!
Send them an email. :thumbup:
Milanche

Post by Milanche »

Butterfly clasp was more unique and the rest of the bracelet looked better to me.
Jimleymurmer
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimleymurmer »

C60 with the NEW bracelet arrived today. Any reservations about the new style strap have evaporated. The new strap is the business! Very highly polished centre section and the taper is exactly as it should be. Watch itself is better than expected too and I like the polished top on the lugs although the sides are brushed. Good lume to boot. With hindsight...should have ordered the GMT! But...I like it. Very nice. Removed a Ball Engineer 2, Diver, world time to try the C60 on and Mrs JM thought the C60 looked more expensive (what does she know!) Not nearly as heavy...but heavy enough! Nice watch. jM
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Congratulations!! Photos are now due! 8)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

peatnick
Junior
Junior

Post by peatnick »

Milanche wrote:Butterfly clasp was more unique and the rest of the bracelet looked better to me.
True the butterfly is unique but the new clasp is more manly, not that there's anything wrong with butterflies...
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:
Russ-Shettle wrote:I have to say; I do like the old bracelet. Not sure I like it better but I do like it and I wish it could be an optional choice rather than it be gone for good. I like the the old bracelet doesn't taper so much if at all. I would buy the the old bracelet for my 700 if I could but I doub't it now.
I was in CWL Friday to get some old style braclets. Get 'em before they're gone for good!!
Send them an email. :thumbup:
Did you leave me any? You could walk into CWL like it was a candy store? That would be candy! :thumbup:
Tuzzaboy
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 7

Post by Tuzzaboy »

get fat on candy
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Tooks »

Tuzzaboy, do you think this is the best way to get your 30 posts?
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
blissysmiles

Post by blissysmiles »

With the difference in price between the C60 & the GMT version are there any other benefits aside from not having to adjust the time when on holiday?

I'm looking to get one or the other soon, look great
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

I thing the old bracelet really suits the C7, is OK on the C4 and is too weedy on the C40. The old C6 bracelet did not suit the C60 Trident as it was bead-blasted and the watch was not. The fact that they are getting rid of the old bracelets suggests that there will not be any bead blasted watches any more. The C6's were sold off in the sale and that just leaves the yellow C60 as the last of its kind (and I am surprised it is still around as only 200 were made). So it looks like the Kingfisher is no more. :( I thought that they should keep both bracelets. Choice is good. :thumbup:
blissysmiles wrote:With the difference in price between the C60 & the GMT version are there any other benefits aside from not having to adjust the time when on holiday?
It is just a different movement to give the GMT extra hand and a different bezel to read the 24 hours for the GMT hand. The case is identical. But there are different designs and colour schemes. Although I have GMT watches I rarely use them as I find it easy to work out the time difference in my head. And when I do use it I change the main dial to local time and put the GMT hand to UK time.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin