Something to match a DBR1 c70?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

Out for a wonderful drive this crisp winter afternoon and popped in to the HWM Aston Martin dealership for a seasonal drool

Aside form the current range of tempation that will bankrupt me easier than CW, I stumbled across a truly beautiful DB7 Volante. It is the earlier 1997 model with 6 cylinder supercharged engine and has superb provenance, having been the MD of HWM's personal car until they sold it 8 years ago. Aston Green with forest & parchment 2 tone piped leather on Recaro special seats and green mohair hood with glass heated rear screen. Automatic, perfect for a grand tour, and truly astonishing "time warp" condition for a 15 year-old car. Oh, and it would go so well with a CW C70 DBR1.... :lol:

I havn't seen one as good in absolutely ages and this beauty has only covered 23,000 miles in 15 years. Found the link to the car on Pistonheads when I got back home:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3580770.htm

Wonderful car, somehow I think this is a bargain at £23k, but will take some smuggling to evade Mrs B's radar!

One day I am certain I will look back at this and kick myself hard for not buying, but I have nowhere to store it - anyone got an empty garage with a power supply (for battery conditioner) near Guildford???? :problem: :shock:
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: Something to match a DBR1 c70?

Post by Loddonite »

Why would you not sell your current car, buy the Aston and use it? ... rather than have it sit in a garage?
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

Loddonite wrote:Why would you not sell your current car, buy the Aston and use it? ... rather than have it sit in a garage?

This one is a bit special - needs to be cherished and garaged IMHO and my two are full with no plans to ditch the Cooper S or the 911 just yet.
f1colin

Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Loddonite »

f1colin wrote:... needs to be cherished and garaged ...
Interesting... and perhaps highlights different types of collector.

I wouldn't buy things to admire them (unless that's the point - like a painting) - if I spend my money on something I want to see it doing its stuff. If you got the Aston I'd love to come round and have a look at it, but I'd prefer to have a ride.

Hmmmm - I haven't quite got the right words here - and I've retyped this a few times - maybe I just need to sleep on it - night-night.
Dom
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

Oh, it would still get used but sparingly on special occasions. Apart from anything else, it wouldnt be accessible in my garages on a whim as they are both full, which kind of brings me back to the post....!

Certainly not just for looking at, although it is a beautiful car to behold
f1colin

Seiko Pogue
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Loddonite »

f1colin wrote:Oh, it would still get used but sparingly on special occasions...

... like visits to central Berkshire? :applaus:
Dom
watchlover1
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by watchlover1 »

Still love the DB7 and their depreciation since the model was first introduced in this shape has been huge. Some great deals to be had though im sure the running costs havent depreciated :D
Citizen,Tag Heuer,Oris,Victorinox Swiss Army,Casio,G-Shock,Fossil, Guess
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

Loddonite wrote:
f1colin wrote:Oh, it would still get used but sparingly on special occasions...

... like visits to central Berkshire? :applaus:

Via Park Street Maidenhead even....!
f1colin

Seiko Pogue
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by AdDaMan »

agree with the above in the fact that it would have to be driven and not just sit in a garage! But anyway i couldnt buy an aston that wasnt a V8 or a V12 and especially not an auto!

Lovely tho...Looks seriously mint.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

f1colin wrote:
Loddonite wrote:Why would you not sell your current car, buy the Aston and use it? ... rather than have it sit in a garage?

This one is a bit special - needs to be cherished and garaged IMHO and my two are full with no plans to ditch the Cooper S or the 911 just yet.
Good man for keeping the Cooper S :)
What year/model?
I have an R53 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

f1colin wrote:Out for a wonderful drive this crisp winter afternoon and popped in to the HWM Aston Martin dealership for a seasonal drool

Aside form the current range of tempation that will bankrupt me easier than CW, I stumbled across a truly beautiful DB7 Volante. It is the earlier 1997 model with 6 cylinder supercharged engine and has superb provenance, having been the MD of HWM's personal car until they sold it 8 years ago. Aston Green with forest & parchment 2 tone piped leather on Recaro special seats and green mohair hood with glass heated rear screen. Automatic, perfect for a grand tour, and truly astonishing "time warp" condition for a 15 year-old car. Oh, and it would go so well with a CW C70 DBR1.... :lol:

I havn't seen one as good in absolutely ages and this beauty has only covered 23,000 miles in 15 years. Found the link to the car on Pistonheads when I got back home:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3580770.htm

Wonderful car, somehow I think this is a bargain at £23k, but will take some smuggling to evade Mrs B's radar!

One day I am certain I will look back at this and kick myself hard for not buying, but I have nowhere to store it - anyone got an empty garage with a power supply (for battery conditioner) near Guildford???? :problem: :shock:
Looks stunning!! I'd be rooting around down the sides of the couch to get this one mate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

[/quote]

What year/model?

[/quote]

R56 185bhp model, 11 months old - one of the best fun cars I have had, went a bit OTT on the spec - Media pack, Sport pack, black split rims, black piped leather and (surprise) black metallic. 12000 fun miles later and still smiling :D
f1colin

Seiko Pogue
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

f1colin wrote:
What year/model?

[/quote]

R56 185bhp model, 11 months old - one of the best fun cars I have had, went a bit OTT on the spec - Media pack, Sport pack, black split rims, black piped leather and (surprise) black metallic. 12000 fun miles later and still smiling :D[/quote]

Oooooooooh Niiiiice 8) :) :)