Thinking of selling my C70 GE - Fair Price?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Thinking of selling my C70 GE - Fair Price?

Post by NMS75 »

Hi All

I am thinking of selling my CW C70 Grand Epreuve if anyone is interested. The watch is in virtually mint condition only having been worn less than a dozen times - no scratches and leather strap almost perfect. Complete with original box as received from CW. This watch is no longer available being limited to 500 so good for a collector.

I would be open to suggestions on what a fair price would be...

Mark
Watches: Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MKII | Christopher Ward C70 Grand Epreuve | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50 | Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Blue Red
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Thinking of selling my C70 GE - Fair Price?

Post by Tyke »

I'd check previous sales of the DE, IT, US & BE versions as they will give a representative range of prices for this kind of watch. The DBR1 might command a different price as it's perhaps more desirable in this country but you might get someone wanting to complete a set.
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by NMS75 »

Thanks, Tyke! :)

Mark
Watches: Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MKII | Christopher Ward C70 Grand Epreuve | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50 | Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Blue Red
Jan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jan »

Perhaps I should consider putting up my C70 US for sale. It doesn't get anywhere near the wrist time it deserves...
C20 Lido, C5 Aviator, C5 Quartz, W6 Splash, C4 Peregrine, C6 RAF Valley
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by NMS75 »

Jan wrote:Perhaps I should consider putting up my C70 US for sale. It doesn't get anywhere near the wrist time it deserves...
Pretty much the reason why I am thinking of selling mine - I just dont wear it. On the bright side it is in perfect condition so maybe of interest to someone. I have an idea of price and so will list it shortly but need to digest the rules for selling on the forum and sort some images first.

Mark
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Jan wrote:Perhaps I should consider putting up my C70 US for sale. It doesn't get anywhere near the wrist time it deserves...
A really interesting notion! How much wrist time does a watch deserve? How long is a piece of string?

When I had a watch I wore it all the time. When I had two or three they got worn fairly evenly. With fourteen, logic dictates that each should be worn one day every two weeks, but of course it doesn't happen! New ones, "special" ones or just the ones we like most get more time, obviously. I have three or four perfectly nice (quartz) watches that I haven't worn for months and don't seem to want to wear. They're not worth much so they're off to the charity shop, because I don't think I will wear them again.

I have a C70 (DBR1) but that is NOT going to be sold. I may only wear it for an odd day every few weeks but, being quartz, that doesn't matter as much. It sits there happily working away and feels and looks like new when I do wear it.

So, back to the question...How much wrist time does a watch deserve? :?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:[ How much wrist time does a watch deserve? How long is a piece of string?
What about the second question? :?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Ah, perhaps that expression is confined to Britain? I wouldn't know. It's a way of saying there's no correct answer.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Ah, perhaps that expression is confined to Britain? I wouldn't know. It's a way of saying there's no correct answer.
Learned something today...I think.....I had not heard that before...or maybe I just don't remember. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tooks »

I was always told a piece of string is twice the length that it is when folded in half... :)
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
watchlover1
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by watchlover1 »

For what its worth my DBR1 (Brooklands Green version) sold earlier this month for £260 though originally I had it up at £300 but I think it could of sold for higher if the eventual buyer had found it earlier. Initially all was quiet then I literally had a barrage of PM's so I thinkthe C70's are still in good demand etc
Citizen,Tag Heuer,Oris,Victorinox Swiss Army,Casio,G-Shock,Fossil, Guess
bobby_dave
Junior
Junior

Post by bobby_dave »

300 for the brooklands seems like a good price, its a great looking watch
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Wis »

Kip wrote:
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Ah, perhaps that expression is confined to Britain? I wouldn't know. It's a way of saying there's no correct answer.
Learned something today...I think.....I had not heard that before...or maybe I just don't remember. :)
Or you could say with The Bee Gees: How deep is your love. :lol:
Bjørn
Mezzame
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Mezzame »

Kip wrote:

I use it regularly in answering prospects questions about how much software services will cost. no telling until we discuss the details - hence... How long is a string?
C60 Trident GMT-SKS
C70 RAF Ad Astra
C60 Auto SKK
Seiko Diver
Pathfinder