Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Wicked sales spotted on WUS

Post by Aifo »

I shall leave you the fun on spotting the "twist" from this sales: WUS

No offence implied, just to bring to your attention. 8)
Incoming: 0
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: Wicked sales spotted on WUS

Post by downer »

How much did this one cost in the NN sale?
Richard
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Aifo »

Wild guess, 30% off marked price (US$755)? I could be wrong.....
Incoming: 0
AliBar
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Wicked sales spotted on WUS

Post by AliBar »

Easy spot for those in the know but I pity the buyer who thinks they are saving $120 on a "worn once" watch.
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
Phil0886
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Phil0886 »

Maybe someone should point out the 60:60 guarantee to save him "losing" $120, would seem the decent thing to do or do you think he might take offence?? :problem:
CW: C60 FLE Blue #009
Non-CW: Rolex Sub ND, Panerai PAM 312, Grand Seiko SBGM027, Omega AT, Omega PO, Heuer Monza, Maurice Lacroix Pontos S, San Martin 62MAS, HIMQ Marinemaster.
amleto
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by amleto »

good idea Phil :thumbup:
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

I would not bother. I recognize the seller handle and he often flips watches. I saw it before this thread started :)
downer

Post by downer »

julywest wrote:I would not bother. I recognize the seller handle and he often flips watches. I saw it before this thread started :)

You are missing the point.

The point is: The guy purchased a NN watch at -30%. One week later, he is selling it with a $120 discount from the full new price.
Richard
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

downer wrote:
julywest wrote:I would not bother. I recognize the seller handle and he often flips watches. I saw it before this thread started :)

The point is: The guy purchased a NN watch at -30%. One week later, he is selling it with a $120 discount from the full new price.
I did not miss that point at all why would you assume I missed it? He can do whatever he wants with his watch. Read his post carefully, I do not believe he is telling any mistruths.

I was responding to the post that said "should we tell him about the return policy so he could return his watch... " I said this person often resells watches so he is well aware of his options and what he is doing.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

I sent him a PM. I'll see what he says.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

To clarify: I bought a C6 in recent sale for $155 USD .. If I decided I wanted to make money, I would offer over there for say 10% off retail. As long as I make no false claims, I could make money. Shoot I could ask for retail + 10% since they no longer are available. So in that case, would you feel a need to inform me I can return my C6 (and pay shipping) for $155.

Just telling you Jeep...(handle) has sold more watches than most of us will ever own.
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

The guy basically looks to be a speculator trying to turn a handsome profit by catching unsuspecting buyers who don't know the market conditions. There are a couple of CW's on ebay following the same path although no-one is touching those at the moment. The fact is anyone who knows CW's will look at the guarantee, spot the NN on the front of the watch code & know it was sold at a minimum 30% below list, so they can see his huge mark up & not bother.

It pays to research your purchases. Caveat emptor!
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

I.I.D wrote:The guy basically looks to be a speculator trying to turn a handsome profit by catching unsuspecting buyers who don't know the market conditions. There are a couple of CW's on ebay following the same path although no-one is touching those at the moment. The fact is anyone who knows CW's will look at the guarantee, spot the NN on the front of the watch code & know it was sold at a minimum 30% below list, so they can see his huge mark up & not bother.

Agree with you or maybe buy the watch (make a lesser offer even) and get it cheaper than available today, get the 5 year warranty and enjoy it. The NN sale is over for now.

1 add: I do not like the part where he speaks of duty and tariffs and such.....
downer

Post by downer »

julywest wrote:
downer wrote:

I did not miss that point at all why would you assume I missed it? He can do whatever he wants with his watch. Read his post carefully, I do not believe he is telling any mistruths.

I was responding to the post that said "should we tell him about the return policy so he could return his watch... " I said this person often resells watches so he is well aware of his options and what he is doing.

You have a way with words Julywest. :) You missed the irony in the previous post. I tried to gently point it out to you. ;)
Richard
MIKE333
Junior
Junior

Post by MIKE333 »

julywest wrote:
I.I.D wrote:The guy basically looks to be a speculator trying to turn a handsome profit by catching unsuspecting buyers who don't know the market conditions. There are a couple of CW's on ebay following the same path although no-one is touching those at the moment. The fact is anyone who knows CW's will look at the guarantee, spot the NN on the front of the watch code & know it was sold at a minimum 30% below list, so they can see his huge mark up & not bother.

Agree with you or maybe buy the watch (make a lesser offer even) and get it cheaper than available today, get the 5 year warranty and enjoy it. The NN sale is over for now.

1 add: I do not like the part where he speaks of duty and tariffs and such.....
Where is the NN watch code marked,is it in the owners handbook?.