A great morning.

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: A great morning.

Post by Dancematt »

Great buy Downer!

Massive Omega sales to the same effect (and same reasonn one would think) in my area, a white dial aqua terra is included in the discounts - the one i want - and i have no idea why i havent bought it yet. This is certainly the right time to buy a new Omega if you want one.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
highway62

Post by highway62 »

Much as I might disagree with Downie on MANY things, there is no doubting his taste in watches. :D
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

A great morning.

Post by paw3001 »

downer wrote:
mabotham wrote:Lovely, it oozes quality....... & well worth the couple of grand. And for me you hit the nail on the head where CW need to be heading.. The JH has the CW literally stuck on the dial & many members have commented how this cheapens the watch. The way Seamaster is on the dial shows how attention to detail makes watches like this on a wish list.... Id rather pay more for a quality item with no flaws.
Me too. I have to be honest and say that I am still considering returning my C90 Power Reserve, for exactly that reason. I like the design of the C90 and generally speaking it is a great watch. There are a couple of irritations though... Firstly, the date window, which is just that little bit small. Probably not a deal breaker, but a bit annoying nonetheless. However, the one thing that is bugging me on my example is the 12 marker. Put simply, it is just not straight and it should be better for the money.

Every time I look at the watch, I see this detail. :(
sorry but that 12 would mean a straight return for me. No excuses for letting that one go out of the factory!!
Watches - Too many but not enough!
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

paw3001 wrote:
downer wrote:
mabotham wrote:Lovely, it oozes quality....... & well worth the couple of grand. And for me you hit the nail on the head where CW need to be heading.. The JH has the CW literally stuck on the dial & many members have commented how this cheapens the watch. The way Seamaster is on the dial shows how attention to detail makes watches like this on a wish list.... Id rather pay more for a quality item with no flaws.
Me too. I have to be honest and say that I am still considering returning my C90 Power Reserve, for exactly that reason. I like the design of the C90 and generally speaking it is a great watch. There are a couple of irritations though... Firstly, the date window, which is just that little bit small. Probably not a deal breaker, but a bit annoying nonetheless. However, the one thing that is bugging me on my example is the 12 marker. Put simply, it is just not straight and it should be better for the money.

sorry but that 12 would mean a straight return for me. No excuses for letting that one go out of the factory!!
The C90 numerals are what have consistently put me off despite wanting the Valgranges mov't. Looked again at the NN still left today but despite wanting to like it I cannot. Crooked numbers of dubious design would be a straight return under the 60/60 for me. :thumbdown: The regular C9 auto was perfect and simply looks better IMHO :o

Meantime, the Omega detailing is in another league - lovely piece :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

downer wrote:

Sad to hear and see that the C90 White is not going over all that well. Maybe it's comments like these. Maybe it's because I'm distracted at the moment by the Steinhart Vintage. But I'm definitely less excited about this piece than I was a couple of weeks ago.

I've been toying with the idea of trying to set a limit of 3 watches on myself for 2012. If that happens, hard to see the C90 making the cut (at least at present - ask me again tomorrow :lol: ).
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by androo »

Very good looking watch downer and well done on getting it on discount.

As for the C90, it is a bit off putting. I love the watch but the 12 is sooo distracting sometimes I am still contemplating about keeping it or sending it back
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Exceptional pickup Richard. A fine addition to your collection. A piece of class with a terrific movement to be enjoyed for many years to come. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
highway62

Post by highway62 »

So is the '12' an universal flaw on C90's?
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by androo »

All the pics I have seen (including the ones on the website) it looks a bit askew
Phil0886
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Phil0886 »

Congrats Richard, a truly beautiful thing.
CW: C60 FLE Blue #009
Non-CW: Rolex Sub ND, Panerai PAM 312, Grand Seiko SBGM027, Omega AT, Omega PO, Heuer Monza, Maurice Lacroix Pontos S, San Martin 62MAS, HIMQ Marinemaster.
28800bph
"Asylum Knight of the Diver"

Post by 28800bph »

Wow, that's does make for a great morning. The details really do add up. And nice photography as usual!

For those unfamiliar with operation of a co-axial escapement, check out this link. Omega made a very nice animation showing how their co-axial escapement operates:
http://www.omegawatches.com/spirit/watc ... w-it-works
downer

Post by downer »

androo wrote:
As for the C90, it is a bit off putting. I love the watch but the 12 is sooo distracting sometimes I am still contemplating about keeping it or sending it back
I had not really appreciated that the wonky 12 was a universal flaw on the C90, but now I've studied a few pictures I believe it may be..

I'm gonna send mine back. I dislike doing it, but I have resolved not to buy any more 'compromise' watches. :(
Richard
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by redd »

My C90 went back because of the date window. Loved the watch, but after two weeks of looking at a cut off date it started to irritate the hell out of me. Real shame.
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

downer wrote:
androo wrote:
I had not really appreciated that the wonky 12 was a universal flaw on the C90, but now I've studied a few pictures I believe it may be..

I'm gonna send mine back. I dislike doing it, but I have resolved not to buy any more 'compromise' watches. :(

If the wonky 12 is a universal (or even widespread) flaw,then what does that say about quality control?
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

downer wrote:
androo wrote:

Good decision Richard. Too many flaws both in design and manufacture including the power reserve indicator which goes off the scale.Love the Omega!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com