Trident transformation

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
downer
CW-watches: 4

Trident transformation

Post by downer »

Step 1. A Trident on the old style bracelet. Looks ok, but the mixture of finishes (brushed & polished on the watch, blasted & polished on the bracelet) was not ideal...

Step 2. Switched to the fitted leather strap. Very comfortable, and quite classy (IMHO), but even though the watch can handle a good soaking, you are always conscious that the strap cannot...

Step 3. New bracelet arrives. It proves very easy to fit, due to the tight tolerances and accurate fit between watch and bracelet.

Removing a link was a bit trickier than usual, due to the pin & collar arrangement, but at least with this system, you know it is secure.

Luckily for me, it fits very well with a single link removed and the micro-adjustment in the centre hole. The diver extension works ok, but I will never use it. :) Additionally, the extension somewhat compromises the micro-adjustment.

Job done. Bring on the 2012 FLE! :)
Richard
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Re: Trident transformation

Post by mabotham »

Lovely pics; the new bracelet looks good, too.
downer

Post by downer »

JAG wrote:Would you say it would look better fully brushed on a C2 or would it look as nice as the normal C20 bracelet
Without having seen one on the new bracelet, I would think the C2 would look better on a fully brushed one. But, If I had a C2, I'd buy the bracelet, try it, and if it looked wrong, I'd give it quick go with the brushing pad/pen. :)
Richard
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

The new bracelet looks like it was designed for the C60, very nice. :D
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

Starting to very much err towards th bracele for the c60 fle red jag on the strength of the initial feedback on the new bracelet. Much classier than its forbear imho...
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

f1colin wrote:Much classier than its forbear imho...
No. It is just different. I like the oyster style bracelet and have that style on a few watches including the C3 which uses that style from CWL.

The old style bracelet looks great on a C7 and suits it well. The problem people had with them was no half links. I hope they keep both going.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I agree Richard. I have made the rounds now with the old bracelet, strap and now the new bracelet. The new bracelet is what the C60 needed.

That said, I would not hesitate to put the strap back on once in awhile. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
RustyinRochester
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by RustyinRochester »

Pins and collars... pins and collars ... why did it have to be pins and collars? I hate pins and collars.
"In comic strips, the person on the left always speaks first."
-George Carlin
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

AAAAGGGGHHH! I have been looking at the CW website every other day to check if the new bracelet has arrived. Forget to check this week, get all itchy about a Rad style watch, make purchase, using up readily available dosh then the new bracelet is there in all its glory. GDJMFSOB!

Anyway, I agree the new bracelet looks as though it was designed for the Trident. Congrats Downer and thanks for posting those piccies.
downer

Post by downer »

Having worn it today, I'm pleased to say the watch feels pretty well balanced on the bracelet. That is not always the case, but with this combination, I can wear the watch slightly loose, without the watch head sliding all over the place.

Initially, the bracelet felt quite light, but I'm happy to say it works well. (At least, it works well on my odd-shaped wrists). :)

Richard