C60 Trident strap with red stitch?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
rmauser
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

C60 Trident strap with red stitch?

Post by rmauser »

Hello, I recently bought a C40 and was thinking it would look good on a crocodile pattern strap similar to the C60 straps. The current red stitch the C40IPK came on is nice but I think would look better with a crocodile pattern as opposed to the smooth leather. Does anyone know if there exists a red stitch example of the orange SOKKO strap that can be purchased from CWL (http://www.christopherward-usa.com/stra ... 0sxko.html) or perhaps something similar (with curved ends) from another strap/watch maker??? Thanks!!
ndabunka
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3
LE-foura: yes

Re: C60 Trident strap with red stitch?

Post by ndabunka »

Here is what you are seeking and comes in various widths so it may fit the C40 better that the C60 straps do. One drawback is that this does not have that nice CW deployment clasp. I am on the waitlist for the red-faced C60 FLE so was considering one of these and then modifying it (somehow) so that I could use the CW deployment clasp.
http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/HIRSCH- ... -BLACK-RED
The 3 C's of life: choices, chances, change. You have to make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change!
If you don't make a choice, the choice makes you...
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

That particular HIrsch strap is 22/20. That means it is 22mm at the lug end and 20mm at the buckle end. This kind of tapering is pretty normal for a lot of straps. To put a deployment on it you will need a 20mm butterfly deployment. The buckle is usually held on with a spring bar so it is easy to remove and replace with a deployment. You can either take a deployment off a 22/20 CWL strap or buy a plain one.

This is one eBay seller that I have bought deploments from.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/GoodCheapMan-W ... 34.c0.m322
There are others around.

If you don't have a spring bar tool then buy the deluxe version from
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AceTimer/Sprin ... 34.c0.m322

or the Bergeon (Fine) from http://www.watchtool.co.uk/bergeon-6767 ... afbd19b9ef
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

Hi there

I too have a C40 with the leather strap, but I think it cheapens the look of the watch a little. The strap is not great and this beauty of a watch would certainly benefit from a nicer strap.

This link may be of interest to you - it's basically your original question, but the other way around:

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =53&t=8923

I've ordered the nice silicon strap that is on the C700, that I'll use on my C40. Just waiting for it to be delivered and I'll post up some pictures.

Cheers.
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

triffidman wrote:Hi there

I too have a C40 with the leather strap, but I think it cheapens the look of the watch a little. The strap is not great and this beauty of a watch would certainly benefit from a nicer strap.

This link may be of interest to you - it's basically your original question, but the other way around:

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =53&t=8923

I've ordered the nice silicon strap that is on the C700, that I'll use on my C40. Just waiting for it to be delivered and I'll post up some pictures.

Cheers.
Interesting - hadn't thought of the c700 silicon on the c40 but isn't it shaped to fit the c700 case / springbars? If so, will it fit the c40? Reason I ask is that there is another thread here that showed the problem when trying to fit a c40 strap to a c60 case - the profiles of those are too different
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

JAG wrote:I dont think the C700 Silicone is fitted to the case which would leave a straight end so no problem :-)
Difficult to tell from the CW website - looks like a half fitted profile :lol: ... presumably due to photoshop! :oops:
f1colin

Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

I think it's a straight strap...(pics courtesy of Kip)..

Richard
triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

Slightly off-topic now, but this may be of interest to the OP, as well as others. Here's a quickie of my C40 with the lovely C700 silicon strap, which is one hell of a strap. I'll get some proper photos in to the gallery this week.

Also, the standard C40 leather strap had slightly curved spring bars, the silicon strap (shown above) came with it's own straight spring bars. Very easy to fit on the C40 and it is a visual treat (I never really liked the standard leather myself).
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

triffidman wrote:Slightly off-topic now, but this may be of interest to the OP, as well as others. Here's a quickie of my C40 with the lovely C700 silicon strap, which is one hell of a strap. I'll get some proper photos in to the gallery this week.

Well that mystery is solved - and may I say it looks fab on both the c700 and the c40. May even be an alternative for the C600 as well as c60.... :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
f1colin

Seiko Pogue
rmauser
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by rmauser »

Anyone ever tried or know if a Hirsch Principal/Leonardo would fit the C40 speedhawk??? Image
or how about one of these replacement straps for a Carrera
Wondering how close the curve of the case would match either of those straps.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

I'm pretty sure it would fit. I fitted one to a C60 a while ago. They are a bit fiddly to fit, but they are quite flexible and the Leonardo system allows four different positions for the spring-bars.
Richard