Diver Prototype Photos - Work In Progress

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by El Tiempo »

MYND wrote:Iam 20 years old.

Maybe I confused you with Warhol.
Warhol
Senior
Senior

Post by Warhol »

El Tiempo wrote:
MYND wrote:Iam 20 years old.

Maybe I confused you with Warhol.
Yeah.. but I just turend 17 :lol:

43 mm is rather big.. but it's a diver so I guess it's quite OK.
DavidM1
Senior
Senior

Post by DavidM1 »

The designs look very appealing. I know some people are really getting into large watches but for me I think the upper limit is still around 40-42mm or so for a 7inch wrist. Perhaps this is becoming a minority view.

With the Unitas will it mean that the crown is unscrewed every day for winding or will it seal sufficiently without a screw down crown? I suspect the former and I must admit this bugs me a little. I believe Rolex pursued development of the self-winding movement specifically to deal with this nuisance with their early oyster watches.

I think the watch will be large and impressive but I'm a little more inclined to choosing a more functional auto movement. Just a thought.
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

DavidM1 wrote:
With the Unitas will it mean that the crown is unscrewed every day for winding or will it seal sufficiently without a screw down crown? I suspect the former and I must admit this bugs me a little. I believe Rolex pursued development of the self-winding movement specifically to deal with this nuisance with their early oyster watches.
David, good points.
DB
Junior
Junior

Post by DB »

Is anything scheduled on a date.....like when can we expect the diver to come out ?
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Basel?

Post by joerattz »

DB wrote:Is anything scheduled on a date.....like when can we expect the diver to come out ?
It sounds like Chris is targeting having it ready in time for the next Basel show.
zach471
Senior
Senior

Post by zach471 »

Chris confirmed in an email to me that he's targeting Basel show, if for no other reason than it's a hard deadline for his company to try and reach.

I must say, I'm really anticipating this one. Ultimately, I don't see him fitting this watch with a display back... arguably wouldn't fit with the character of the watch, but nicely decorated 6497 movements aren't that expensive or hard to come by.

Given the designs, I'm not too worried about it though. I think he's got a winner on his hands.
Basho

Post by Basho »

Wow, looks like I will be buying a few CW watches
Nico
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Nico »

Does anybody have some news about the diver? Perhaps a target-price?

I prefer the black/white and the black/red model.
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by joerattz »

I just had an idea about the bezel. I know Chris was pondering if the bezel should count up or down. Why can't a single bezel have both markings on it? It might be difficult to do it without it being too busy. But, perhaps not.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

Actually, I emailed Chris this morning inquiring about the diver's progress. Just out of curiosity. Hopefully he'll respond with an update.

El Tiempo
Nico
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Post by Nico »

News, news, news, news :D :

I have an update about the diver's process:

Chris wrote me yesterday, that he is in HK now to finalize the samples

He is thinking about two levels but not yet 100% finalised.

The two levels should be:

1. Kingfisher - Quartz - stainless steel
2. Kingfisher Pro - Auto - Titanium

The approximated prices:

1. £160
2. £250

ATM

1. 200M
2. 300M

The possible colours:
"Lots" :D (This was his answer)

one example: Charcoal/Kingfisher Red

Nico
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by joerattz »

I wish the pro was going to be in stainless steel. I already have 3 titanium watches and don't really care for it. I didn't plan on buying any more titanium watches.

I bought an Orange Seiko Monster about 5 months ago, and part of what makes it so cool is the heft.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Diver

Post by Rick »

I have to agree,was kind of hopeing the pro would be SS to.
Bought a Seiko monster for the same reason.I like weight in my watches.
Still,will wait and see,if it looks good enough may well change my mind
:D
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

Guys, what kind of options are available for titanium? Is it always that gray, dull, brushed look or can it be polished? I was kind of surprised to see titanium also. I don't have a titanium watch so I'm not immediately turned off, but I'm only going to be interested in the auto version.

Joe, the obvious play here is to sell all your other titanium watches and get the CW. :yes: