Message from "Newby" to the Forum

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
David James Payne
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Message from "Newby" to the Forum

Post by David James Payne »

My first posting on the Forum so excuse any "errors". Just want to say how pleased I am to be the proud owner of 2 Christopher Ward watches - a Malvern Aviator (C5AKK) and a Malvern Automatic (C5GWT). I will post some photos , form forms sake, once I have worked out how to add photos to messages!!

Would also like to say how helpful Chris Ward has been in sorting out a delivery problem I had with the Aviator, and say a further "thank you" to him through this Forum.

Just for info. I also have the following watches - all Automatic - in my collection: Omega Seamaster (circa 1969 - my first "proper" watch bought secondhand as a 21st birthday present to myself!), Omega Aqua Terra, Baume & Mercier Classima Executive and a Blancpain Villeret. Also have a couple of quartz watches: Longines flagship and a Maurice Lacroix day/date. Will try and post some photos on seperate, more appropriate, Forum. Chris Ward wathes will be a welcome addition to the collection.

All watches bought over a period of 40 years or so!!

Regards to all fellow watch lovers.

:D
Joy to all watch lovers. :D

DJP
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by El Tiempo »

David, warm welcome. Nice collection you have there. I'm especially fond of the Classima collection. Once a year I make a trip to my local watch dealer and head straight to the BM section to try on new models. I really like the see through models.

Warmly,

El Tiempo
David James Payne
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by David James Payne »

Hi El Tiempo,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will post some shots of my other watches on the "Other Brands Forum" in the near future - the Omega Seamaster is currently being serviced after years of sad neglect (plenty of "wrist time", but no servicing!) so will await its return before posting its photo.

Agree with you about B&M - IMO it seems to have been an under rated Brand until recently, but some of its new range are great watches, especilly in the Classima range. Mine is more of a dress watch, but also does great for those more formal daytime occasions (although I have less of those now I am retired!).

Joy to all watch lovers :D
Joy to all watch lovers. :D

DJP