Need help too choose my CW watch

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
lasi
CW-watches: 0

Need help too choose my CW watch

Post by lasi »

Hi I am thinking about buying a CW watch and I would like some help.
I am working in an office and wear suit everyday but on my spare time I'm much more relaxed and dress more casual.
My wrist is rather small!
But I would like a watch that I can use everyday, not to elegant but rather sporty and a little unique. I was looking on a Sector or an Tissot and then i stumbled over Christopher Ward...

Which of the models would you recommend!
What are the advantages/disadvantages of Quarts/Automatic?

I must say that all the watches look really nice. Are the as nice in reality? Perhaps the wrong forum to ask this question... :lol:
How well do the stand in compare with Sector ore Tissot?

I hope some one can give me some advise.

Thanks for your help.
Lars
Lars Simeonsson
Alexander
CW-watches: 0

Post by Alexander »

Hi Lars,

I work in an office all day and have just recieved my C4, yesterday, and it is perfect. I also have rather small wrists and it looks fine. It is a very masculine watch but not so much so that it looks over set.

I intend to order an Aviator soon as I am a huge fan of automatics and love it's looks.

Hope this helps.

Alex.
David James Payne
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by David James Payne »

Hi Lars,

See my posting re the 2 Christopher Ward watches I have just recently purchased - Aviator and C5 Automatic.

Both watches are IMO excellent value for money. I also have a reasonably small wrist, but both are OK.
Joy to all watch lovers. :D

DJP
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

I have a Malvern Automatic and an Aviator. My experience has been that I felt they were both better looking in person than they are in the pictures, especially the ones at the CW site. Hans has posted some photos on the forum here that come much closer to doing them justice.

It may be because the Aviator is so new, but if I could only get one, I would lean toward the Aviator. I really like the numbers, and prefer the bigger crown on it. But, I don't think you will be disappointed with whichever one you go with.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
David James Payne
Senior
Senior

Hi again Lars,

Not too sure whether you have made you decision to buy a CW watch yet, but I have just posted some shots of my two recent CW purchases - Aviator and Malvern C5 (Gold with white face and brown strap) - on the Gallery Forum.

They are both working well, and seem to be very accurate - too early to assess this yet, but I am monitoring.

Would totally agree with Joe re the photos on the CW site - reality is better.

Have also experienced a very good service from Chris - my first Aviator went "missing" in the Christmas post, but this was replaced without question and arrived 2 days after reporting "watch missing - presumed shot down somewhere over England!!"

Joy to all watch lovers :D

DJP
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

David James Payne wrote:...my two recent CW purchases - Aviator and Malvern C5 (Gold with white face and brown strap)
So, any feel for which you like better, or is it too soon to tell?
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
David James Payne
Senior
Senior

The usual "cop out" reply. I like them both, but for different reasons. The Aviator makes a perfect day, or casual wear watch, whilst the C5 is for more formal occasion or "dress up" days/nights. Of the two, my C5 has the higher wife approval rating!

I believe you wanted something for day to day wear in the office, so depending on how formal you are expected to be at work could make your decision for you. One other point to make - the Aviator does have luminous hands and figures, so if this is important to you then its a "no brainer" as they say!

The C5 is great with a suit, but the Aviator is good with Jeans and a T shirt . As I am now retired and don't have to face the rigours of work, the Aviator currentl gets more "wrist" time. I do have other watches that also demand "arm time"!!!

Sorry if this has not totally answered you question - perhaps the Aviator now and then the C5 later!

Joy to all watch lovers.

DJP
David James Payne
Senior
Senior

Joe,

Oops! Sorry if my last response to your query seems confusing, but I thought I was responding to Lars - my previous posting was to him in relation to his request for info on CW watches!!

Proves the age old adage learnt at School and College. "Always read the question properly before answering!

Anyway, I think that my response probably answered your question, albeit in a confusing (to you) manner.

Joy to all watch lovers :D

DJP