Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: TZ UK

Post by Mortis »

coquin wrote:...
What a well-reasoned post. Eddie is correct that it is, these days, a minority who dislike CWL and they are entitled to their opinion (although it is funny to see their idiotic reasoning). He was quite angry with CW when the Speedhawk was going to be called a Speedbird but to be honest Chris changed the name when told so I never saw the issue. I think Eddie took slight at a lack of communication from Chris - but that's a discussion for another day... :wink:
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Mortis wrote:
coquin wrote:...
What a well-reasoned post. Eddie is correct that it is, these days, a minority who dislike CWL and they are entitled to their opinion (although it is funny to see their idiotic reasoning). He was quite angry with CW when the Speedhawk was going to be called a Speedbird but to be honest Chris changed the name when told so I never saw the issue. I think Eddie took slight at a lack of communication from Chris - but that's a discussion for another day... :wink:
Finally, someone else remembers! I thought I was going mad as no-one else I asked could remember (or couldn't care less :D ) about this!

'Sour Grape's and 'Bad Show' from Eddie me thinks , but as he's got more fan bois than Steve Jobs, there's never gonna be much love for CWL until it comes from Eddie himself.

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

Yeah come on Eddie,praise the old CW watches and get your followers to be a bit more... unbiased. If you do, I'll buy another Precista, this time from you directly!
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

rcherryuk wrote:'Sour Grape's and 'Bad Show' from Eddie me thinks
Are you referring to the Speedbird name thing? (if not - what?)
Compared to the Omega suit and the breakdown of the relationship with Zeno, I imagine the bird/hawk thing is fairly low on Eddie's list of grudges*. I applaud him for popping over here and providing a reasoned post stating the bleeding obvious - everyone has different opinions and people type them on forums.
rcherryuk wrote: there's never gonna be much love for CWL until it comes from Eddie himself.
If any of the CW-bashers are sad enough to hang on to Eddie's every word, then you may be right.
I'm sure that Eddie would be positive if there was a CW that he liked. Given that the watches he designs/sells tend to be updates of discontinued classic watches (with a military bent) I don't see CW's more current designs and fashion-oriented watches as likely candidates for Eddie-love... but you never know... one day maybe...

*He's a Yorkshireman. As a Southerner I feel I am justified in assuming Eddie has grudges :twisted:
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I do not belong to TZ-UK but on rare occasions visit. I honestly get most of my feedback from you guys about Eddies forum as well as his products.

Eddies post seems a reasonable response to me.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
littlejohno43
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

TZ UK

Post by littlejohno43 »

We all have different tastes I know full well my taste may not be yours but I don't say that's rubbish I've always loved cars and I'm well aware one mans Porsche is another mans ford but what you like and love is great as long as its reliable and you like it what more could you ask for CW rocks in my book as do others ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

I think Eddie's fine and he runs TZ with a very light touch and anyway, I fear the dreaded "Forum software glitch" :lol: . Just some of the guys on there really wind me up about CW watches. There's no need for for haters and we all have different tastes and desires (and some of us are just strange :oops: ) , if you don't like something, fair enough but to knock them at every opportunity sucks arse.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.