Results from the first C700 GP

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
The Raffles
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Results from the first C700 GP

Post by The Raffles »

Having completed the required number of laps in my new C700 CWL Chassis No. 0002 (testing for nearly a week), I believe there is now enough data to make report:

The C700 in general........Great wonderful watch, night time testing proved a little harder, the watch for some reason didn’t have that wow factor as it does in the day...!, so may have to switch to my C40 (bracelet version) at night time!

Rubber strap looks great on the watch, but can be fiddly when trying to do or undo the strap...!

Size wise it is fine as well as the weight of the watch.

Had a few admires from others in the crisp smartness of the finish of the bodywork.

All in all, very pleased with the watch, may well buy a leather strap later (just because it has a clasp fixture), not sure about s/s though, will wait to see others opinions once the bracelet is released.

Will continue driving this for a while, switching to my C40 every now and then...!

Hopefully pictures will follow once I have driven it back from its Scottish GP to south of the border..!

Matt
AdamRobinson1982
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: Results from the first C700 GP

Post by AdamRobinson1982 »

Great report... how is the lume? I love my C40 (just bought a striped Nato which im waiting on as an alternative to leather or steel, will be one confused watch but hey it does have a diver esq basel!) but the lume is pretty poor. Actually thats generous its just plain terrible. :(
The Raffles
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by The Raffles »

AdamRobinson1982 wrote:Great report... how is the lume?
Does it have one? I haven't noticed it, so the night time lights must be a little low, anther reason for switching to the C40

Matt
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

The Raffles wrote:
AdamRobinson1982 wrote:Great report... how is the lume?
Does it have one? I haven't noticed it, so the night time lights must be a little low, anther reason for switching to the C40

Matt
The lume is like tiny slithers of light, right? From what I can tell by the pictures here, that's what it appears to be. I'm not big on bright lumes as long as I can tell the time by total darkness. I didn't buy it for that.

Russ