Resizing straps

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
amolkarnik
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Resizing straps

Post by amolkarnik »

I've had a Victoria Bracelet womens watch ordered for my wife delivered today. The bracelet needs resizing.

I can see that there are arrows pointing in. Does this mean that a long pointy thing needs to be pushed into the pin to push it right through? What happen after the right number of links have been removed? I suppose the pin will have to be pushed in again to close the loop.

I have seen posts recommending tools, but is there a tool for clamping these straps to close the loop? Is there a video somewhere showing the procedure?

THanks
Amol

BTW - the watch is really smart.
CW C11 MSL Auto
Breitling Superocean Automatic
downer

Re: Resizing straps

Post by downer »

amolkarnik wrote:I've had a Victoria Bracelet womens watch ordered for my wife delivered today. The bracelet needs resizing.

I can see that there are arrows pointing in. Does this mean that a long pointy thing needs to be pushed into the pin to push it right through? What happen after the right number of links have been removed? I suppose the pin will have to be pushed in again to close the loop.

I have seen posts recommending tools, but is there a tool for clamping these straps to close the loop? Is there a video somewhere showing the procedure?

THanks
Amol

BTW - the watch is really smart.
My advice is to take it to a jewellers. They'll do it for you in a few minutes for a small cost.

It is easy enough to do yourself when you have the tools, but I would not recommend practising on your wife's new pride and joy.
Richard
amolkarnik
Senior
Senior

Post by amolkarnik »

I am thinking this is the beginning of an addiction so I better learn and have a bit more cash to put
Towards new watches
CW C11 MSL Auto
downer

Post by downer »

amolkarnik wrote:I am thinking this is the beginning of an addiction so I better learn and have a bit more cash to put
Towards new wtches
Fair enough. :) Here's a simple Guide
Richard
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

downer wrote:
amolkarnik wrote:I am thinking this is the beginning of an addiction so I better learn and have a bit more cash to put
Towards new wtches
Fair enough. :) Here's a simple Guide
That is a good link Richard. Why don't you post that in the "Watchmaking Links". I think that may be helpful. 8)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
amolkarnik
Senior
Senior

Post by amolkarnik »

Thanks very much. Appreciated..
CW C11 MSL Auto