LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: CWL of the day

Post by rcherryuk »

Today I felt a bit 'down' so decided that it's time for 'Big Yellow':

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by androo »

DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-fourb: yes

CWL of the day

Post by DSHall »

C600 on black mesh. Image
Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Clarky »

I haven't worn this for a while so I'll start the day off with the Black Hawk
I can resist everything, Except temptation
Oscar Wilde
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

New to me and on the wrist today. We are throwing a leaving do for one of our architectural assistants, so today is a laid back day- the watch is well suited.

(Now before I get flamed, I was just trying out the new logo type to see what I thought. Yep- still like it! Of course, this may be nothing like what the new logo will look like in real life and yes, I have jumped the gun a wee bit. Just hope I don't get told off by CWL!)
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by st-rider »

jmarchitect wrote:...before I get flamed, I was just trying out the new logo type to see what I thought. Yep- still like it!...
FWIW the logo is more like CHR.WARD (best I could do without resorting to graphics)

Not the place for this but Chr.WARD (all same size font and mix lower and upper) has a different feel that I like.

Excellent looking watch BTW. Having a C2 I'm keen to 'upgrade' to the less accurate automatic C20 model :wink: Planning on wearing the C2 for the evening festivities at my wedding. Don't want any accidents with the 1930s vintage watch I'll wear for the actual ceremony.

Alex
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

This is the actual logo from the web site.

I did a mock up earlier and thought that it was OK but seeing this mock up I don't like it.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by asqwerth »

jmarchitect wrote:New to me and on the wrist today. We are throwing a leaving do for one of our architectural assistants, so today is a laid back day- the watch is well suited.

(Now before I get flamed, I was just trying out the new logo type to see what I thought. Yep- still like it! Of course, this may be nothing like what the new logo will look like in real life and yes, I have jumped the gun a wee bit. Just hope I don't get told off by CWL!)

You know, now that I've seen your quick mockup, I really think that with an appropriate size for the logo (ie, not too big - your sizing is fine) and placement on each watch model (I'd move it down a notch on your C20), it'll be ok.

The only thing is, I'd prefer small letters be used for "HR", as in "Chr".

Also, if you look at the new logo, there's some sort of optical illusion going on with the floating "HR" - it makes the whole "CHR" look as if it's not level (looks higher) with the "WARD". I think it would be better to move the "HR" down to the same level as the rest of the letters.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rcherryuk »

jmarchitect wrote:New to me and on the wrist today. We are throwing a leaving do for one of our architectural assistants, so today is a laid back day- the watch is well suited.

Wrong Place to post this, move it please?
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rcherryuk »

Blackhawk time:

Rob
Rob

Samuel Johnson
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jmarchitect »

Wore this little beauty this morning.....

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Thought I would keep breaking this one in.

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Was looking forward to posting (blurry) pictures of my new C13 promised for delivery today.... of course it hasn't arrived! Nobody works down here on a Saturday, especially not posties so it was never gonna happen.

Gutted!

Having to wear my Breitling Colt instead though I may go and change into a C3 in a minute.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

Been on holiday recently. The C6 came along for the beach but the DBR1 stayed at home so haven't worn it for a while. Yesterday and today though it has been on the wrist!

Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 by BeastmasterNo2, on Flickr
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Beastmaster wrote:Been on holiday recently. The C6 came along for the beach but the DBR1 stayed at home so haven't worn it for a while. Yesterday and today though it has been on the wrist!

Christopher Ward C70 DBR1 by BeastmasterNo2, on Flickr
Going to bite the bullet and order one of these this week. ( My first quartz.) :D :D :D
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator