Slightly disappointed

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JJH

Slightly disappointed

Post by JJH »

Hello all- I have just received my very first watch from CW. I am generally very pleased with the watch- it looks great (C4- Peregrine)- however I am less than satisfied with the accompanying user manual which appears to have incorrect information in the "description of the display and control buttons" for the C4 (p24- the hour hand is marked up as the minute counter?). To find this information to be incorrect is disappointing- considering I want to show this watch off and promote the name! What I would have prefered is a hardcopy of the user manual provided as a link on the main CW site which has a far better description of the functions of the C4 and appears to be correctly marked up. Does anyone know if that manual is available as a hardcopy and if they are available? thanks in advance.
Miguel Toro-Alvarez
Senior
Senior

Re: Slightly disappointed

Post by Miguel Toro-Alvarez »

Hi,

Well, that is strange because in my case - a C3 - my hardcopy is the exact reproduction of the site's pdf manual. I also saw page 24 of the C4 manual and it talks about the bracelet. Perhaps, another member with a C4 could have some feedback.

Regards,

Miguel
JJH

Post by JJH »

Hi- the manual I have appears to cover three watches- the C5 Malvern Automatic (p6-9)- the C3 Malvern Chronograph (p10-21) and the C4 Peregrine Pilot Chronograph (p22-30)- P31 and 32 are about the bracelet and the clasp. The level of detail for the functionality of the C4 is not as descriptive as in the pdf file. I would have liked that pdf file as a hardcopy manual. Put it this way- if I hadn't stumbled across the pdf fie manual I would be struggling to set the watch up.

.....Also (and I don't wish to be sounding fussy)- the pointer on the "30minute counter" is slightly out of line with the increments marked on the dial. Not by much but enough to notice!. I do not think it's unreasonable to expect the pointer to align exactly on the notch with this quality of watch. I have seen on owners gallery close ups of this dial and they all look right on the mark to me.
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:?
JJH

Post by JJH »

Hi- I have just called customer services and they are looking into it for me. Very helpful on both my queries- with the manual, and with the alignment of the pointer on the 30 minute timer.
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes

Post by Monkey »

I've just received a C4 with the red manual, and all is in order, so a little unsure as to why you didn't receive one too?!! Haven't seen the other one though so can't comment!!

Anyway....hope you enjoy the watch and the site :)
John
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

They pack hundreds of watches for shipment. Must be an honest mistake.