Xetum

A place to discuss other watch-brands
dp96
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Xetum

Post by dp96 »

Anyone familiar with Xetum? Any thoughts/comments on the brand and their watches (they only have 2 right now). Their website is xetum.com.
watchlover1
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Re: Xetum

Post by watchlover1 »

Never seen one in the flesh but did research them at one stage since I liked one of their models. On the WUS forum Ive seen both positive and negative comments about them...some people feel that their watches are excessively priced for what you get and relative to other brands but Im in no position to say how good they are. Given the lack of info, I would probably spend elsewhere. They also advertise quite heavily on WUS.
Citizen,Tag Heuer,Oris,Victorinox Swiss Army,Casio,G-Shock,Fossil, Guess
dp96
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by dp96 »

Thanks... I haven't seen one in person either, but find the design and look of it very unique. I like the lugless design and the cork leather bracelet. Thanks again for the reply.
28800bph
"Asylum Knight of the Diver"
CW-watches: 1

Post by 28800bph »

Looks like a good concept. And a good price if you like the design.

I always see ads for Xetum watches when I visit http://www.peopleofwalmart.com

I think the internet knows I like watches and I have searched on google for Xetum watches in the past. I must have left a trail of cookies. But it does not help brand image to see a high end watch next to a creature of walmart.
I only ever see Xetum and IWC ads on peopleofwalmart. Maybe they are equivalent in quality.
Waldoh
Junior
Junior

Xetum

Post by Waldoh »

I considered Xetum at one point but my problem is the prices. They are a new brand with no historical value.

I give them credit for going with unique designs and materials (instead of homages), I still can't get past the price. The basic ETA 2824 is a grand.

Since they are based in California I wish they went after the "Made in America" tactic opposed to "Swiss Made". I would easily shell out there asking price if it were truly "Made in America".
sratansi
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by sratansi »

i do like them seen their banner following me too, although the CWL follows me more

i do feel they are a bit over priced aimign straight at the premium market and with only 2 offerings they still have a way to go, as with most new set ups i do wish them well, but also wish they have a sale on soon as i would so happily buy one of their watches.
Drmarkf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Drmarkf »

I think there's an interview with their founder in the Hourtime podcast archives somewhere. I recall he covered in some detail how he went through the design, re-design, commissioning, frustration, re-design... etc etc cycle until it all fell in to place.

I've never seen one in the flesh, but they seem to sit somewhere in the CW C5/C50 - Nomos design spectrum, maybe with more of a modern look. I agree they're not cheap, but presumably one's unlikely to come across anyone else wearing one and they are distinct from the usual mould.
Regards,
Mark

Rolex [4] : Omega [2] : Heuer [3] : Sinn : Nomos : Zeno : Steinhart : Citizen : Traser : Casio : Smiths/PRS
watchlover1
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by watchlover1 »

As some others have mentioned on this thread and previous ones,nice look to them but for the prices I would prefer other brands which are more established and have solid history etc Not meant in a snobbish way but its a case of why would I spend x amount on one of these when I could get a Stowa or Steinhart for less etc
Citizen,Tag Heuer,Oris,Victorinox Swiss Army,Casio,G-Shock,Fossil, Guess
purkyne

Post by purkyne »

Agreed that the pricing is a little on the high side. But eventually i got both Stinson and tyndall. Very well made and quite unique. Only problem i find that they are quite chunky. If you wear long sleeve shirts daily, you might want to reconsider.
Drmarkf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Drmarkf »

Photos would be nice - esp wrist shots...

:D
Regards,
Mark

Rolex [4] : Omega [2] : Heuer [3] : Sinn : Nomos : Zeno : Steinhart : Citizen : Traser : Casio : Smiths/PRS
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Here are some pictures from the web site. First the Stinson, which I like, particularly in this color:

And now the Tyndall:

Xetum's banners follow me a lot on my web surfing, and while I find them intriguing, I don't see myself buying one.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue