A place to discuss other watch-brands
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Wall clock

Post by kiter65 »

Morning all
I have decorated my living room this week and was looking for a vintage/retro industrial/school type wall clock,had a look on the bay without much success. Any ideas would be great. Don't want to go to mad max about £150ish if that is possible.

Thanks
Richard
Konketsu
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Wall clock

Post by Konketsu »

I see lots of industrial or classroom wall clocks on eBay, depending on what style and age you want... Some are battery but most are plug in.. And from the U.S., which might not work for you.

Could always get a Mondaine:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mondaine-A990-C ... aine+clock#
"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." - Sir Winston Churchill
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I don't know whether this firm is still going, but if it is:

http://www.ellisclocks.com/index.htm

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by rgb »

This one ends in 8 hours on ebay ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VACHERON-CONSTA ... 463cdb3165
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rgb »

If you want the real school clock (at least for NA schools) search ebay for 'IBM school clock' - there are several up now. One ends in 49 minutes -- its at $49 CDN. Others are around $12 in progress.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40 ... k&_sacat=0

Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |

rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rgb »

This is a retro school clock design, before IBM made the centrally controlled thin clocks. Nice standout on this. No bid, from the US, 3 days left, no buy it now, starting bid $3.99 w/2 bids.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bai-Design-Moder ... 4aec431156

rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rgb »

If you want real vintage, how about oak rimmed key-wind clock? 7 days left, $1.25 w/2 bids now. I quite like this. Could be interesting with the mechanical guts updated to quartz w/the same hands and dial.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ca-1900-Antique- ... 1ea081164b

Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Serlo »

How about a Junghans Max Bill wall clock? It certainly fits the industrial (and vintage) bill.
Andreas
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

i was going to say, serlo, i am a fan of those. especially the ceramic kitchen max bill clocks with the timer on them.
the "g" is for Greg...
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

rgb wrote:If you want real vintage, how about oak rimmed key-wind clock? 7 days left, $1.25 w/2 bids now. I quite like this. Could be interesting with the mechanical guts updated to quartz w/the same hands and dial.

:shock: It would heresy to remove the movement from this piece. The mechanics on this beautiful antique are what give this piece true character. Parts are readily available to restore this to it's former glory.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Kip wrote:
rgb wrote:If you want real vintage, how about oak rimmed key-wind clock? 7 days left, $1.25 w/2 bids now. I quite like this. Could be interesting with the mechanical guts updated to quartz w/the same hands and dial.

:shock: It would heresy to remove the movement from this piece. The mechanics on this beautiful antique are what give this piece true character. Parts are readily available to restore this to it's former glory.
Thought that might get you in a flap!!! :D
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

You were right!! :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rgb »

Kip wrote: :shock: It would heresy to remove the movement from this piece. The mechanics on this beautiful antique are what give this piece true character. Parts are readily available to restore this to it's former glory.

<g> And I probably have all the parts in my basement. Must have a dozen old clocks of various whatever down there.

When I was 10 or so in the early 60s my parents dragged me and my sister around to antique sales in southern Ontario every day every weekend for years, as the countryside was being razed and developed to accommodate urban sprawl. Bought tons of furniture and knick-knacks including clocks, mostly mantle clocks in wood or porcelain. Their intent was for my dad to retire from the newspaper and us to leave the city and start an antique business. Never happened, so today my garage holds 46 boxes of antique glassware, and my basement holds years of accumulated dreck in the form of furniture and secretaries and chairs and cupboards and corner cupboards and dressers and hutches and country tables and ... and ... and ............. crap.

I truly can appreciate an antique. "An" being the operative word here. As in occasional. Sporadic. Eclectic. But when that's all you've known, when every house and your summer farm is filled with it, it is dreck. One day I shall have to dispose of it when I downsize, and the only question is not what of it shall I keep, but rather do I call an auctioneer, a dealer, or 1-800-Got-Junk.

But I digress ...

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

If you wish to dispose of the clock dreck, send me a pm. I am always looking for parts. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Thanks for all your feed back, I mentioned to my sister I was looking for a clock and she had this in her loft

Not really what I had in mind but it was free :thumbup: