A place to discuss other watch-brands
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Vintage Steinhart Chrono

Post by paw3001 »

Must admit that I prefer the cleaner dial of the C8 vintage and I even prefer the CW to the B&R offerings.

However that is not to say that it is a cracking watch and I am sure you will love it if you get it
Watches - Too many but not enough!
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Vintage Steinhart Chrono

Post by nathanclarinet »

Anybody know what is going on with Steinhart at the moment? They have been unable to take calls or emails for a good few days now. Wondering if this has also affected the ordering service?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

nathanclarinet wrote:Anybody know what is going on with Steinhart at the moment? They have been unable to take calls or emails for a good few days now. Wondering if this has also affected the ordering service?

I have seen the announcement on the homepage. It is quite unbelievable that a business can be unable to take calls or emails for days on end. You wonder how much investment they are making in their infrastructure. :shock: :shock:
Richard
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Quite. Not very clever.....

castle
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by castle »

My guess is that they are just assessing the damage done to their brand since I bought my Nav B Chrono II :lol:
CW-C8 MKI
Steinhart Nav B-Chrono II
Citizen -"Orca" and 1976 chrono.
Seiko-"Spork", "Stargate II", "Blumo", 009 mod.
Zeno 300m army diver
Revue Thommen Airspeed chrono
Junkers Bauhaus.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

downer wrote:
nathanclarinet wrote:Anybody know what is going on with Steinhart at the moment? They have been unable to take calls or emails for a good few days now. Wondering if this has also affected the ordering service?

I have seen the announcement on the homepage. It is quite unbelievable that a business can be unable to take calls or emails for days on end. You wonder how much investment they are making in their infrastructure. :shock: :shock:
Wow. Take a look at Steinhart's main page where they take a not-so-little shot at their service provider. They must not be happy!
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

paw3001 wrote:Must admit that I prefer the cleaner dial of the C8 vintage and I even prefer the CW to the B&R offerings.

However that is not to say that it is a cracking watch and I am sure you will love it if you get it
Looks like Steinhart is coming out with more vintage stuff:

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/Aviat ... -,487.html

I really like the look of this one. Very clean. Way too big for me though at 44m square. Ought to make someone rather happy though.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

Their e-mail is obviously OK now just got a mail re their latest "novelty" the Apollon Chronograph. Looks OK but not for me!