Thinking of Ordering a Steinhart..

A place to discuss other watch-brands
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Thinking of Ordering a Steinhart..

Post by nathanclarinet »

Mine is still showing as stuck in Germany somewhere. Hopefully I will get up tomorrow and it will be updated to show that it has arrived on these shores overnight. If not, at least I know it is on its way!

Peteo - I assume that you won't be able to refrain from posting pics until I get mine!?!?!?!?
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

nathanclarinet wrote:Mine is still showing as stuck in Germany somewhere. Hopefully I will get up tomorrow and it will be updated to show that it has arrived on these shores overnight. If not, at least I know it is on its way!

Peteo - I assume that you won't be able to refrain from posting pics until I get mine!?!?!?!?
FedEx.com is showing that the package has been delivered and is currently in the custody of my building management. I am trying to work it out so that I can get home before the management office closes. If successful, that means pictures tonight. If not, that means pictures tomorrow.

Refrain from posting pics? What a strange and novel concept you propose, but not for me, I must say :-) Yours will be in your clutches soon!
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

Fair enough, post away! I hope you get your mitts on it today and that you are most happy with it. I have requested an additional strap for mine (all black with rivets and white stitching) and will be interested to see if they have remembered to include it. Oh, and the Steinhart Chocolate slab :clap:
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! It has arrived in the UK and is in the local depot! S**t bags I am excited about this one. Hopefully this means it will be delivered tomorrow morning. Hot on your tails Peteo :clap:
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

nathanclarinet wrote:Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! It has arrived in the UK and is in the local depot! S**t bags I am excited about this one. Hopefully this means it will be delivered tomorrow morning. Hot on your tails Peteo :clap:
Haha. You're likely to beat me at this point. I got home about 15 minutes too late. I think I can make out which package is mine in the pile by the door to the management office, but it's locked up for the night. If I were really a pain in the ass, I could go down to the building manager's apartment and ask very nicely to have her open the office so I can get the package, but that seems like pushing the boundaries of acceptability since we're really only supposed to bother her for emergencies after hours. And try as I might, I don't think that I can quite stretch that argument to my side.

It looks like the earliest that I can get my hands on it will be about 13 hours from now by which time, I might have lost the Great Steinhart Nav B Chrono Race of 2012.

All hail the victor! :lol:
Peteo
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

Don't be so sure I will be victorious. Things may go against me yet as tomorrow is not straightforward......
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

It has arrived! But I haven't opened it yet - need to retrain myself until I have finished work. Pics later when Peteo has his :grin:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

nathanclarinet wrote:It has arrived! But I haven't opened it yet - need to retrain myself until I have finished work. Pics later when Peteo has his :grin:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
So nice of you to wait. Clearly a better gentleman than me. I just opened mine. Haven't even set it to the correct time as I must hurry off to get ready for work. But here is a first quick and dirty shot. It's a bit big as expected, but I will happily live with it. Oh, and I guess us Americans don't get chocolate. :(

Nav B Chrono II DLC by peteo72, on Flickr
Peteo