rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by rgb »

andyg wrote:
rgb wrote:
nbg wrote:I really like the look of this Oris Diver 65. A sensible 40mm case size, domed crystal, no crown guards.
Neil

I'm going back and forth on this - not sure if I like the reversed 12-3-6-9.
That is a lovely thing, and not sized for gorillas! :thumbup:
Here's a video comparing the vintage with the new : https://youtu.be/QGpyUxNtVic
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

blowfish89 wrote:
Caller wrote:That's one of the nicest Rado's I've seen!
Yes, it has some cool features -
- The bezel is ceramic, the dial is sunburst blue, the cushion-case is nice as well
- The Rado anchor above the logo on the dial is free-float and moves as per orientation of the watch with gravity
- The cyclops for date is internal (inside the crystal), so no bump out - I think it is one of the rare watches with this feature.
- The displayback rotor is in the shape of a blacked out anchor
All that being said, I still think I'll keep my older blue C60 (I think the C60 bracelet is great quality and love the clasp)
I think you've made the right choice. I saw it in the flesh and tried it on a couple of days back. I do think that the 'pictorial' presentation of some watches should see the companies done under the trades description act - on saying that, it's still one of the nicest Rado's I've seen! #

It was the same with a Tag GMT with a blue / black bezel. I tried that on a few weeks back and it took a while for it to dawn on me that it was the very same watch I'd admired, having previously seen it on this forum. In the photo, the blue is very vivid and distinct to the black, in reality, it's hard to tell one from the other.
'Tis me
JamesH
Guru
Guru

Post by JamesH »

andyg wrote:
rgb wrote:
nbg wrote:I really like the look of this Oris Diver 65. A sensible 40mm case size, domed crystal, no crown guards.
Neil

I really, really like this.
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rgb »

JamesH wrote:

I really, really like this.
I saw last night a website taking pre-orders for July, with a price of about $1100.
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
james80
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by james80 »

blowfish89 wrote:Can anyone identify this Seiko - I saw this at Macy's today and its stuck in my head -
I was just about to add this to this thread. The price on Amazon is very good as well.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

James, I am on the verge of getting that green Seiko. Its $132 brand new on eBay. But there are two things I do not like about it -
1) Mineral crystal - can be excused and understood for the bargain price
2) The lug width is 23.4mm - I've read on WUS that 24mm straps will fit this one okay. I don't have any other 24mm watches/straps but might be a good chance to get one. I would definitely either put this watch on shark mesh or a good custom brown/tan strap.

Caller, maybe you misunderstood me. I wanted the blue Rado, but after rethinking I have decided to stick to my blue Trident C60. This watch just keeps on surviving. It is very safe in my collection until the blue Pelagos comes out and I have funds for it. Even then, I like the C60 hands more than the Tudor snowflake hands.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

A new cheap retro candidate has emerged (to compete with the Seiko Recraft above).
Bracelet will be fitted and orders available soon.
7ee
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by 7ee »

^Now this I like, and solves my usual dislike of Gerlach with the way the clock part of the logo sits off-centre on the dial(I know I know, but I can't help it).

I fell in love with a watch for the first time in a long while today, now I regularly see some lovely(not to mention expensive) watches and not many grab me, but this was love at first sight!

Not typically a fan of TAG, but this particular model was just so much better in the metal than the pics imply. Size perfect, fantastic case and dial, just all win. The wife even said "let's just go get it" as she loved it too, sadly our finances don't agree so I had to be strict not to go in :o
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

What I dream I were wearing --

What I am actually wearing :thumbup:
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

^^^^^

There are far worse ways to "fall short" for sure. :thumbup:
Peteo
C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor, C63 Sealander (Y)
AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, G. SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103A SAB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20, TUDOR Black Bay Heritage
Lewis
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lewis »

blowfish89 wrote:What I dream I were wearing --

What I am actually wearing :thumbup:
I'm right there with you on the new Pelagos, but I think in aiming for black. My wife is getting very sick of my not so subtle hints.
Lewis

Omega Speedmaster 1861
Karl Falk Automatik black dial
C60 Trident Black bezel mk1 2nd gen logo (warranty swapped out my original charcoal bezel)
Seiko New Gen Orange Monster
Seiko Pogue-ish 6139-6009 resist notched
omegaaddict
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by omegaaddict »

The newly released Rolex oyster perpetual 39mm serious drool and will probably treat myself to it as a birthday/ 1 yr work anniversary present when it becomes available in store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex: Explorer II 16570, OP 39mm
Omega: Speedmaster M. Schumacher LE, AT 8500
CW: C11 makaira, C900 WT
Hamilton Khaki King
Revue Thommen Air Speed, Louis Erard Heritage Automatic, Glycine Combat, Zodiac sea dragon, Aramar Arctic Marine
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

I'm not really daydreaming about anything, sadly. I haven't bought anything since October of last year, which I know isn't long at all, but it feels like a long time. I haven't found anything that really has me excited or if I did, the excitement faded rather quickly.

I want an Omega AT but not enough.
I want a JLC Reverso but not enough.
I want an IWC Portuguese Chrono but not enough.
I want a CW Trident GMT but not enough.
I want a Rolex Explorer but not enough.
I want a Nomos Club but not enough.

I don't think I've reached peak watch or anything like that, but I'm just a little sad that I don't have anything on the radar that's getting me excited for the next target. I suppose I should be glad for a rather natural remission of the sickness.

Anyone got any ideas?
Peteo
C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor, C63 Sealander (Y)
AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, G. SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103A SAB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20, TUDOR Black Bay Heritage
RustyRoses
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by RustyRoses »

I hoped for a Bell & Ross as my wedding watch, but with such a tight budget for the wedding as a whole, I've had to look to alternatives - I can only save £30-50 a month for it over the next 18 months.

The C11 caught my eye, but it was only when I stopped comparing it to the B&R, that I could appreciate the design in it's own right.

Now I want one for my wedding day, ideally a Titanium model, but more likely, a steel and brown leather MSL.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

Peteo - anything from Glashutte Original or Nomos you like ?